Supervisor Tissue Research and Pathology : Neuchâtel, Switzerland
YOU are highly motivated and are always committed to deliver work of the highest quality. You encourage collaboration and enjoy working in a team. You are a passionate individual who likes creative and international work environments.
You will join the Biological Systems Research unit of Philip Morris Products S.A. in Neuchâtel, Switzerland where you will be responsible for managing a pathology laboratory that delivers data sets from a range of biological and cellular material. You will also work with our R&D team in Singapore.
We anticipate that cutting edge knowledge of the field will enable the job holder to expand the capabilities of the laboratory and provide Research & Development with direction and support in the field of pathology.
Specifically, you will:
• Perform histopathological evaluation of different organs from experimental inhalation and/or toxicological studies. This includes technical processing of a wide range of tissues using techniques such as immunohistochemistry and laser capture microdissection
• Specify and perform histopathological evaluations of the respiratory tract in accordance with OECD guidelines
• Be responsible for immunohistological evaluation of disease-specific endpoints of the respiratory tract and the vasculature system of in vivo models
• Ensure in vivo studies are conducted in accordance with appropriate good laboratory practice guidelines
• Expand the capabilities of the pathology laboratory
• Degree in veterinary medicine, certification in animal pathology (EU-CH)
• Excellent knowledge of pathology and general toxicology is a requirement
• Knowledge of GLP and/or FDA guidelines is an asset
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with collaborating with scientists from various fields such as chemistry and biology
• Ability to work independently and as a team leader.
• Fluent spoken and written English is essential
WHAT WE OFFER
You will be part of the PMI Research & Development Department, whose primary mission is to research and develop new products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases.
You will benefit from our dynamic team of professionals, working in a multicultural environment.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as a relocation allowance (where appropriate).
WHO WE ARE
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI’s products are sold in approximately 180 countries. In 2011, the company held an estimated 16.0% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.1% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: Contact employer