Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene, San Diego, CA is seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented candidate for the position of Scientist I in the Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism (DMPK) Department. This person will serve as an ADME expert to support early to late discovery projects for both Inflammation and Oncology therapeutic areas. He/She will effectively interface within the DMPK department and with external functions such as Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Early Development. Expected duties for the successful candidate will be to independently execute ADME studies in a fast-pace environment and present results.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Responsibilities will include about 80% bench work to design and execute in vitro ADME assays. Although the primary responsibility for this position is metabolite identification using mass spectrometry, this role can expand to include quantitative analysis of pharmacokinetic samples and data processing using Pheonix (WinNonLin) in the future. Being highly organized and having the ability to track and execute on multiple competing and sometimes shifting priorities with tight timelines are expected. A strong desire to contribute in a collaborative fashion across multiple disciplines combined with an ability to present effective, succinct arguments to support his/her point of view, thereby influencing the project through scientific debate.
Prerequisites: Ph.D. with at least 2 years of work experience, preferred.
Master’s degree with at least 8 years work experience or Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years work experience.
The position requires about 2 years of industrial DMPK experience. Leadership, communication skills, and experience operating mass spectrometers for metabolite structure elucidation are required. An operating knowledge of Phoenix (WinNonLin) to process and analyze pharmacokinetic samples will be a plus, but not required.
• Able to design complex experiments with scientific rationale.
• Able to critically analyze and interpret data.
• Draw appropriate conclusions.
• Possess in-depth knowledge of drug metabolism
• Developing skills in critical interpretation of scientific data and problem solving and reporting of scientific data.
• Able to clearly articulate complex scientific principles and data to discovery teams.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Represents DMPK on discovery team(s).
• Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams.
• Responsible for complex assignments and for more than 1 project.
• Well versed in fundamentals of functional area.
• Generates high quality relevant data independently.
• Communicates clearly in a timely fashion.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
• Critically assess project(s) and formulates ideas.
• Implement solutions independently.
• Recommend and formulate protocols and experimental plans.
Teamwork and Influence:
• Communicates with cross functional team.
• Routinely contributes to the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
Represents workgroup/team or department on multi-disciplinary or crossfunctional teams.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Req ID: 15001995
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Job: Research and Development
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting: 2015-11-03 00:00:00.0
Chemistry, Data, Engineering, Healthcare, Medical, Oncology, Quantitative Analyst, R&D, Research, Research Scientist, Science, Scientific, Scientist, Toxicology
- Apply at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/scientist-i-dmpk-job/san%20diego-ca-11111-578709/?p=p&submission=2