This position can be filled at either the Principal Scientist/Director level depending upon experience.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support Translational Medicine efforts. The candidate must be able to lead and have in-depth knowledge in immuno-oncology as evidenced by previous research emphasis and publications in peer-reviewed journals. Additional industry experiences in pre-clinical pharmacology, IND submissions, translational sciences, immuno-oncology or tumor microenvironment are desirable. An essential component to the position is the ability to independently develop and lead a team to implement Translational approaches that positively impact pre-clinical to early stage clinical development decisions. This skill set also requires the ability to clearly integrate and communicate rationale and decisions that will result from translational/biomarker integration into projects. The focus of the successful candidate will be to drive translational sciences strategy and application for oncology programs from pre-IND through early clinical development (Phase 1/2). S/he will work directly with early research and early stage clinical programs to advance critical projects in the protfolio. The position requires participation and interactions across research, clinical and regulatory project teams as well as external collaborators and contract organizations. Therefore, the ability to communicate effectively in cross functional and governance discussions and the generation of precise technical reports to teams is critical.
Bachelors of Science Degree with 17-20 years of experience
Masters of Science Degree with 15-17 years of experience
PhD with 11-13 years of experience
A PhD, MD, MD/PhD in biological sciences, oncology, or related field plu s a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience post degree.
* Demonstrated ability to lead pre-IND and/or early clinical stage translational strategies approaches in oncology, with immune tumor microenvironment modeling approaches to cancer therapy, as evidenced by previous research experience and/or relevant publication record.
* Demonstrated experience or aptitude in generating exploratory biomarker approaches that can be used in IND filings and/or translated to impact clinical development decisions
* Demonstrates scientific rigor in assessing own data and that of others.
* Plans, initiates, implements and executes scientific research under limited supervision.
* Independent and creative thinker.
* High level of scientific expertise through review of literature and other sources.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Able to work in matrix
* Ability to think strategically within and outside area of specialty.
* Leadership qualities, as evidenced by internal or external consulting and project team membership and/or leadership.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation Req ID 9335 Position Category Research - Translational Science
- See more at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/principal-scientist-director-immuno-oncology/gaithersburg-md-11111-575827/?p=p&submission=2