For young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in molecular biology and molecular genetics at the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB), Lahore, Pakistan. Deadline: 30 June.
IMPORTANT: The following is additional information concerning the TWAS-CEMB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme tenable in Pakistan. It is an integral part of the information given here: TWAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research.
Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the fellowships "for research collaboration", all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and TWOWS that are mutually exclusive.
- TWAS-CEMB Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at departments of the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, plant molecular biology or medical molecular biology.
- CEMB will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- Provide an official letter of acceptance from CEMB (see sample of acceptance letter included in the application form).
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Submitting your application
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 June of each year.
- Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from CEMB when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS and CEMB. The subject line must contain: CEMB/PDoc/candidate's surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CEMB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send one copy of their application (by email, fax or post) to TWAS and one copy (hard copy only) to CEMB.
Click on the links below to download the application form and guidelines. Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the application procedure.
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
Dr. Shaheen N. Khan
National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB)
87 West Canal Bank Road, Thokar Niaz Baig
Phone: +92 42 5293148
Fax: +92 42 5293149, 5164155
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com