Work for a company that is making a difference in the fight against cancer. Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. www.astx.com, brings together high tech and biotech to discover and develop more effective medicines for the treatment of cancer. At our Cambridge UK facility we utilize world-leading fragment-based drug discovery (FBDD) oncology biology. We are looking for a motivated, dedicated professional who wants to combine their skills with our uniquely talented team.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced oncology biologist in the Translational Biology group within Astex based in Cambridge, UK. This role plays an important part in the development of translational strategies within the company.
The successful candidate will be laboratory based and responsibilities will include:
• The development of translational strategies
• The evaluation of clinical biomarkers from patients on our clinical studies, within a GCLP compliant laboratory
• Liaison with external academic collaborators
Experience and Qualifications
To be considered for the role candidates will have the following experience:
• In vitro and in vivo biology with 3-5 years’ experience
• Be well versed in biomarker development techniques
• Preferably have an understanding of, and interest in the mode of action of new, targeted anti-cancer therapies and strategies designed to select optimum patient populations for clinical trials
• Ideally have some bio/pharmaceutical industry experience
• Be qualified to PhD level in a biological subject
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience and an excellent benefits package.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to: eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%68%72%2e%75%6b%40%61%73%74%78%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%68%72%2e%75%6b%40%61%73%74%78%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b'))
Deadline: 22nd July 2013