Cenix BioScience (www.cenix.com) is completing its 13th year as a mature, fully self-sufficient biotech company specializing in cell-based and in vivo contract research services, as well as technology development, to advance therapeutic drug discovery in a wide range of disease areas.
We carry out complex, highly customized contract research projects, including high throughput/high content screening studies using RNAi, miRNA modulation and compound treatments combined with advanced genomics to drive a wide range of preclinical work including target discovery & validation, lead compound identification & optimization, drug mechanism of action analyses, predictive toxicology and biomarker identification for both industry and academic partners. We also actively develop novel reagent technologies to further refine and broaden experimental capabilities in this field. We have assembled a highly multi-disciplinary and international team working in Dresden, Germany, Minneapolis, MN, USA and in our subsidiary located on the campus of our collaboration partner, Janssen Pharmaceutica, in Beerse, Belgium.
As the demand for our contract research services is now exceeding our existing capacities, we are seeking to further strengthen our Dresden, Germany-based team by filling the following position:
High-Content Cell-based Screening Unit
(Pos. code: RS-HCS)
- Design and implement internal, collaborative and contract research projects involving advanced applications of compound-, RNAi- and miRNA modulation-based screening in a wide range of disease fields, primarily using high-throughput methods combined with high-content assays,
- Become an expert for automated fluorescence microscopy and image analysis of HT cell-based screens, including use of the Definiens XD software platform,
- Develop new HT cell-based assay techniques, with emphasis on robotized experimental workflows and automated microscopy for all scales of experimentation,
- Report both internally and externally on these activities through written reports and oral presentations.
But first, you need:
- PhD preferentially with > 2 yrs of relevant post-doctoral research experience, with emphasis on high-content cell-based assay development and screening,
- Solid theoretical and working knowledge of cell-based assays and immunofluorescence microscopy,
- Strong initiative & organizational skills,
- Experience with writing image analysis scripts/rulesets using common software packages, preferably Definiens,
- Proficient knowledge of and experience with RNAi- and/or miRNA-based functional genomics experimentation is highly preferred,
- Basic programming skills (Python, C++) are desirable.
Cenix offers competitive salaries and a dynamic, results-oriented yet informal working environment. Our company working language is English, and therefore, all staff must be completely fluent. If you are interested, please email or send a complete C.V. in English with 2 references or alternatively, referee contact details, quoting the above position code to:
Cenix BioScience GmbH
Tel: +49 (0)351 4173-157
Deadline: December 31, 201