Location: Mölndal, Sweden
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits (£k - £k for search optimisation only)
The next generation of medicines.
How will you take them even further?
At AstraZeneca, we’re constantly striving to make new discoveries. Discoveries that will make a meaningful difference to health globally. We already have an exceptional product pipeline, and everyone here has a part to play in making sure that pipeline fulfils its potential. This is your opportunity to join them – and to fulfil your own.
We have an exciting opportunity for a post-doc scientist to embark on a research project in the area of microwave tomography for pharmaceutical applications. Novel microwave tomography can provide 2D and 3D imaging in real-time of physical properties of materials. Your work will expand those unique capabilities into applications in advanced control of pharmaceutical processing, design of advanced drug delivery systems and medical devices, building on previous collaborations between AstraZeneca and European universities.
You’ll explore and build upon on-going research, focusing on the application of the microwave tomography method in the manufacturing of pharmaceutics and medical devices. You’ll perform theoretical and experimental development of the microwave tomography theory, signal processing algorithms and the antenna/hardware interface. You’ll also work experimentally on the demonstration of the method capability for advanced control of processing and automation. The latter will be a major scientific breakthrough able to generate value and broad scientific recognition, in and outside the pharmaceutical industry.
Your novel research results will be communicated externally through publications and scientific conferences. You’ll work with scientists across different disciplines and apply the unique microwave measurement technology to modern pharmaceutical drug and product development.
Your major responsibilities
• Design and conduct theoretical and experimental activities to explore and develop the on-going research and demonstrate the application of the microwave tomography method in real processing situations
• Theoretical and experimental development for demonstration of the microwave tomography capability for advanced control of processing and automation
• Collaborate with AstraZeneca scientists and external experts
• Publish scientific papers and attend conferences to communicate novel findings to the research community
A PhD in one of the following areas:
• Electromagnetic theory, remote sensing
• Microwave, electrical engineering
• Ability to design and carry out research independently
• Deep knowledge and experience in microwave and antenna theory and applications
• Extensive experience with simulations and measurements using microwaves
• Understanding of the microwave propagation and interaction with matter
• Experience working with process monitoring and control can be an advantage
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues and initiate cross-functional collaboration
AstraZeneca – Health Connects Us All
As one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, our business is focused on providing innovative, effective medicines that make a real difference in important areas of healthcare. What’s more, we support and encourage our people in discovering their own potential. Excellent learning and development opportunities will be available to you throughout your career here.
AstraZeneca welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP
Deadline: April 29th 2013