The Laboratory of Human Retrovirology (LHR) has investigated HIV pathogenesis and drug resistance as bench- to bed-side translational research.
Goals of the studies are to develop novel immune therapies and to define salvage therapy for HIV infected individuals who have failed anti-viral therapy in NIAID clinical trials. Recently, LHR identified Interleukin-27 (IL-27) as a novel anti-HIV cytokine and reported that IL-27 induces HIV resistant macrophages. We are searching for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to work on a project related with the HIV resistant macrophages, especially focusing on the regulatory mechanism of novel host restriction factor(s) in HIV infection. The candidate will handle HIV-1 and related viruses in BL2 star laboratory, and may be involved in the isolation of recombinant proteins, FPLC/HPLC, siRNA, shRNA, Luciferase assay, alpha screening technology, cloning of genes and construction of expression plasmids (using CMV, adenovirus, or lentiviral vectors), 2D DIG, FACS, cytokine biology and confocal microscopy.
: BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Doctorate degree from an accredited college/university in a biological science, immunology, molecular biology or a related field.
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- None required beyond the educational requirement.
- Candidates must have some experience in tissue culture (primary cells), protein assays (ELISA, western blot, enzyme assays) and qRT-PCR.
- This position is subject to obtaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- Candidate should have some experience in tissue culture (primary cells), protein assays (ELISA, western blot, enzyme assays) and qRT-PCR.
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Postdoctoral Fellow (612106) : Frederick, MD, United States