Clontech is searching for a creative, hands-on Junior Scientist for its Cell Biology department who enjoys working on cutting edge technologies and has a broad range of scientific interests. We are especially interested in candidates with experience in the field of Chemical Biology / Synthetic Biology in order to create new and innovative reagents for advanced research in Cell Biology.
The candidate will be highly encouraged to identify new technologies, especially in the field of Chemical Biology / Synthetic Biology and how they could be used to develop new, universal reagents. He/She will be involved in creating research project plans and must be able to design experiments with only minor supervision. In addition, the candidate will be involved in product development activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing new reagent for Cell Biology research with a focus on Chemical Biology based approaches
• Intelligent design of experiments to assess the potential of new technologies and applications
• Efficient hands-on experimental work on the bench
• Exercises good judgment to determine logical next steps during the development process
• Communicates effectively with other R&D members including members of the biochemistry and chemistry groups
• Frequently shares and discusses new ideas and technologies with his peers
Education / Experience
• Ph.D. in Cell Biology or related field is required and experience in the field of Chemical Biology and/or Synthetic Biology is strongly preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
All candidates should apply on Clontech career website at www.clontech.com http://tbe.taleo.net/NA4/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CLONTECH&cws=1