As part of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt of India funded project ‘Barcoding Southern Ocean nematodes: an integrated approach to test hypotheses of marine nematode diversity’ under the MLR Programme a Research Associate position is open in the Integrative Taxonomy and Microbial Ecology Group, Department of Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research-Kolkata [IISERK].
- The position is initially for five months but could be extended for another year depending upon satisfactory performance.
- The selected candidate will receive a salary of Rs 22,000 per month (consolidated).
Contingency support will be also provided to the selected candidate.
- As part of this project free-living marine nematodes from the Southern Ocean will be identified based on taxonomy, barcoded using high throughput sequencing techniques and hypotheses of marine nematode diversity will be tested.
The selected RA will participate in the research cruises for collection of samples, processing and identification of free-living deep-sea nematodes and also contribute towards developing the deep-sea nematode DNA barcoding methodologies.
Qualification & Experience Details
- Ph.D. in Marine Biology/Zoology/Ecology/Microbiology or candidates who have submitted their PhD thesis can also apply.
- Sound knowledge in marine taxonomy particularly meiobenthic taxonomy would be highly desirable.
Since the project will involve application of molecular techniques some knowledge in this field is also expected.
How To Apply?
Eligible candidates may apply with their CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
The last date of application is 23rd April, 2012.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Interview will be held in the second week of May.
Deadline: 23rd April, 2012