Our newly expanded internal pharmaceutical Postdoctoral research program spans multiple therapeutic areas and a wide range of scientific disciplines. We are seeking talented scientists who are interested in pursuing an academic-style Postdoc in a global pharmaceutical setting and contributing to AstraZeneca's commitment to delivering innovative medicines.
Our comprehensive training program includes a focus on drug discovery and development, as well as exposure to existing local and global Postdoctoral Research communities within AstraZeneca. Postdoctoral scientists will have the opportunity to conduct independent cutting-edge work in state-of-the-art laboratories while teaming with other AstraZeneca scientists. Each Postdoctoral scientist will also be able to collaborate with a leading academic advisor who will provide further support and guidance. Additionally, the Postdoc will be encouraged to attend and present at international scientific conferences and publish high-profile papers.
Candidate Focus & Challenge:
* Using cell biology, biochemistry, epigenetic techniques to investigate the dependency for an epigenetic target in a subset of breast cancer
* Mechanistic investigation of target genes conferring the sensitivity and co-dependency targets in Her2 therapy resistant cancer
* Interface with scientists from across many disciplines while at the same time being able to work independently.
* Communicate results both within AstraZeneca via global working groups and externally at meetings and through publications.
* Work collaboratively with other experts internally within Target's Biology and externally with aligned PI.
* Publish scientific papers in high impact journals.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
A PhD in one or more of the following areas:
* Cell biology or cellular biochemistry
* Epigenetic experience desirable
* Oncology knowledge with understanding of cellular signalling and epigenetic regulations
* Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
* Proven ability to independently design and execute incisive experiments and interpret results.
* A strong scientific track record, as evidenced by published or accepted papers in well recognized peer-reviewed journals, oral and/or poster presentations at scientific meetings.
* Strong passion & commitment to science, and ability to work well within a group/team environment.
- See more at: http://hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?jobsID=453061&jobtitle=Epigenetic%20regulation%20and%20cancer