External Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
- Function independently with a high degree of sales proficiency.
- Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Achieve and exceed sales goals while managing a budget using good judgment.
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations.
- Regularly use a variety of analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine how to accomplish sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory.
- Work with Regional Sales Director and District Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
- Capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
- Use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools, and resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- Provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
- Work with other Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
- Provide timely and competent administrative management of work hours, sales call data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample and expense reporting.
- Work within a framework of AstraZeneca's Leadership Capabilities.
-Bachelors degree (any major) from an accredited college or university is required.
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical selling are preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated effective organizational and communication skills
- Leadership, self--motivation and initiative
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and computer skills are essential
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- See more at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?jobsID=439017&jobtitle=Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist - Diabetes D1 - Sarasota, FL