Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
Builds strong, networked relationships throughout the System account, including medical and pharmacy leadership, quality department and clinical services teams. Utilizes brand and other AstraZeneca resources and leverages relationships to establish new ways of working within the System to achieve business objectives.
Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, managed care and patient populations influencing assigned System. Works with System leadership to better understand quality programs and initiatives, electronic medical records and treatment algorithms for targeted patient populations and finds ways to collaborate with the System to identify appropriate opportunities that align with each organizations' objectives.
Demonstrates ability to acquire customer knowledge, understands customer needs, and organizes customer knowledge into shared account plans. Understands the dynamics within the assigned geography in which the System operates to support and drive business objectives. Communicates with regional leadership and representatives regarding account-specific learnings, programs, activities, and pull-through brand messages aligned to appropriate patient types.
Deliver on sales and/or specified account performance objectives by demonstrating comprehensive understanding of the AstraZeneca portfolio brand strategies and disease state knowledge, so each portfolio brand can be effectively positioned with the customer consistent with the overall brand strategy.
Works with Sales Leadership, Regional Account Director, Scientific Affairs and State Government Affairs to execute a regional strategy. Works cross functionally to develop a business plan to generate recognizable increases of portfolio sales within the System. Works closely with and supports the System CBD's efforts.
Works with System account team to prioritize account projects/initiatives that address changing customer and market requirements and needs, presents partnership opportunities to AstraZeneca's System account team, and coordinates project implementation within assigned System. Works with other System/Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts and promote collaboration within the System.
Achieves and exceeds sales goals while managing a budget using good judgment. Regularly use a variety of analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine how to accomplish sales objectives. Capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
* Bachelor's degree (any major) from an accredited college or university is required.
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 5-7 years experience in pharmaceutical and/or health care/sales including experience with the different account customer types
* Hospital experience and/or contract negotiation preferred
* Demonstrated leadership, project management and strong account management skills
* Leadership, self-motivation and initiative
* Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
* Ability to work well with and influence peers and management
* Demonstrated organizational, communication and platform skills
* Strong customer facing skills
* A valid driver's license and safe driving record
* Demonstrated technical aptitude and computer skills are essential
* Primary focus will be key Cardiovascular Centers and Specialists within the Intermountain HealthCare System footprint (i.e. state of Utah)
* Preferred Experiences
* Previous hospital selling experience
* Experience working with cardiovascular specialists including: Interventional and General Cardiologists; cardiovascular mid-level prescribers
* Experience in networking to build relationships across an integrated delivery network (i.e. with Intermountain HealthCare or similar)
* Ability to collaborate cross functionally
- See more at: http://hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?jobsID=455265&jobtitle=Pharmaceutical%20Sales%20Specialist%20-%20CV_HSS%20-%20Utah