Senior Legal Specialist
Qualification: Law Degree or Equivalent Legal Qualification
Experience: Minimum 7 years PQE in the Life Sciences Industry
The Senior Legal Specialist will work as an integral member of the Legal Department, based in Boudry, Switzerland, reporting into the Vice President Legal Counsel. The Senior Legal Specialist will work closely with the Lawyers and sustain a client facing role retaining accountability for assigned clients. In particular the Senior Legal Specialist will have a proven track record in the following areas: clinical trials, observational studies, commercial contracts, corporate governance, developing working processes and SOPS. The Senior Legal Specialist shall also be assigned to specific ad-hoc projects plus tracking and advising on new legislation / regulations that relate to the assigned projects / workload.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fully conversant with clinical trial agreements and ancillary agreements, and able to review and draft same, irrespective of whether they are Company’s own or site specific templates. Further, able to identify key issues in contracting process that may impact other departments e.g. clinical / drug safety, and escalate same.
- Lead projects for clinical and observational studies, with minimal supervision, being the first point of contact with internal clients /outside counsel / CROs, able to work autonomously with reviewing / drafting / revising clinical and/or medical agreements. Additionally be assertive in role and able to challenge advice provided from CRO, obtaining legal clarification on contracting issues that may arise during course of studies and providing feedback to the internal clients and legal team. Able to escalate any issues that require intervention from the team Lawyer assigned to the respective geography/study working with same to bring to conclusion.
- Conversant with commercial agreements, irrespective of whether based on Company’s own templates or third party standard form agreements, and able to independently review and draft same for internal clients. Further, identify gaps where new templates are required and work directly with internal clients to understand their needs and accordingly draft templates required, e.g. recruitment agreements, power of attorneys, etc.
- Review and draft SOPs for assigned projects.
- Review and maintain standard form templates used by the Legal Contracts team.
- Proven track record in corporate governance, able to review current procedures and practices, establish working processes and tools, and provide guidance to the Legal Specialists.
- Stay Manage incoming internal client requests for ad-hoc contracts and/or projects.
- Appropriately referring high level legal issues to lawyers in the Legal Department for review and follow matter through to resolution.
- Able to prepare and deliver presentations to internal clients in support of special projects.
- Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, ethical practices, company values, and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Law degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years PQE in the Life Sciences sector, either in a law firm or in-house legal dept of an international company
- Proven track record in managing clinical and medical contracts and templates.
- Proven track record in reviewing and drafting commercial contracts and templates.
- Good knowledge of corporate governance procedures and practices.
- Self starter who is able to work autonomously in a client facing role and manage own work load / projects.
For more details