- To teach courses at bachelor and master level;
- To conduct research that fits within one of the two reseach schools in which the Maastricht Law School participates (Ius Commune and Human Rights), and preferably within the Maastricht European Private Law Institute;
- To develop research proposals and carry out research projects;
- To fulfill administrative duties.
- a lawyer;
- who received a doctorate;
- who is capable of teaching in English and preferably also in Dutch;
- who has sufficient knowledge of, and affinity with, economics to be able to teach (and preferably coordinate) the course States, Markets and European Integration.
Conditions of employment
Prior to an appointment for an indefinite period there will be an appointment for a definite period of time (three years with an extension of another three years according to tenure track).
The salary depends on academic qualifications and experience. The salary will be set in salary scale 10, 11 or 12 of the collective labour agreement of the Dutch Universities (minimum € 2,379.00 and maximum €4,970.00). For the people recruited from abroad tax facilities may apply.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/ A-Z Terms of Employment.
Three years with an extension of another three years according to tenure track
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 14,500 students and 3,800 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.