SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (NISER)
BHUBANESWER – 751 005
Institute of Physics Campus, Bhubaneswar
The National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) has been setup at Bhubaneswar by the Department of Atomic Energy of the Government of India as a unique institution of its kind pursuing undergraduate and post-graduate education in science combined with frontline research. NISER is being setup in a sprawling 300 acre campus about 3 km from Khurda Road Railway Station on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar overlooking Barunei Hills. It will be a fully residential campus with modern living amenities including children's school and health centre. Presently NISER is functioning from its own Academic Building of about 5000 m2 area within the Institute of Physics campus. It is expected to move to the main campus by the academic session of 2012-13.
NISER invites applications for the following positions in the School of Biological Sciences, School of Chemical Sciences, School of Physical Sciences, and School of Mathematical Sciences from extremely motivated Indian scientists with a high-profile research agenda and a flair for teaching especially at the undergraduate level. For School of Biological Sciences only candidates in the following areas need to apply:
i) Assistant Professor
Pay Band -3: Rs. 15,600 – 39,100 Grade Pay- Rs. 7,600/- Initial Basic Pay: 29,500*/-
*NISER has provision for advance increments maximum up to 5 to the selected candidates depending upon their post doctoral experience and quality of publications. Accordingly, the above initial basic pay may increase.
Educational Qualification & Experience: A Ph.D. degree in the relevant discipline from a reputed and recognized university or institute. Three years of postdoctoral experience or three years teaching/research experience after Ph.D. preferably abroad with high quality publication in high impact journals.
ii) Reader ‘F’
Pay Band – 4: Rs. 37,400 – 67,000 Grade Pay: 8,700/- Initial Basic Pay: 46,100
Educational Qualification & Experience: A Ph.D. degree in the relevant discipline from a reputed University or Institute. At least 5 years of postdoctoral/teaching experience preferably abroad with high quality publication in high impact journals.
1. In addition to the basic salary, NISER faculty member are entitled to the allowances as admissible to Central Government Employees stationed at Bhubaneswar.
2. The Performance Related Incentive Scheme (PRIS) of DAE is likely to be implemented in the NISER, under which, there is provision for monthly incentive of 20% of the basic pay.
3. NISER Faculties are also be eligible for DAE's update allowance, which is currently Rs. 10,000 to Rs.30,000 per year depending on the scale of pay.
4. Provision of Relocation Grant:
a. The candidates who are in abroad and joining NISER from there only shall be paid relocation grant maximum up to Rs.90,000/- subject to submission/ production of original receipts.
b. Candidates who are in Government service and joining NISER shall be paid Joining T. A. as per Government of India rule.
c.Candidates joining NISER neither from abroad nor from Government service shall also be considered for Relocation Grant on case to case basis subject to approval of NISER BOG.
5. Reimbursement of telephone charges on monthly basis as per Institute rule.
6. NISER is also providing financial support to the faculty members for attending National, International Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, etc. which is comparable to the best in the country.
7. NISER has sufficient funds to provide seed money to the new faculty members to start their research programme. In addition the Department of Atomic Energy provides generous grants from its Prospective Research Fund to bright young scientists.
8. The age of superannuation of faculty members of NISER is 65 years.
9. NISER Faculty members are covered under New Pension Scheme as notified by the Government of India, Ministry of Finance.
Interested candidates may apply by enclosing:
List of Publications (with reprints of important papers as pdf files)
Names and addresses (with e-mail and fax number) of at least three referees
A statement of purpose and research programme
The qualification and experience prescribed are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate to be considered for any position. However, the experience criteria may be relaxed for exceptionally meritorious candidates. Applications should be sent by e-mail to careers [at] niser [dot] ac [dot] in marking "Faculty in (branch)" in the subject field (branch being one of the schools mentioned above). This is an open rolling advertisement and the applications shall be accepted throughout the year and will be considered for selection at regular intervals. However, the first panel of candidates will be prepared for selection among the suitable candidates whom applications shall be received by October 15th, 2010.
Candidates are advised to request the Referees to send their letters of recommendations (preferably signed versions as pdf file) directly to NISER at the above e-mail address. Those having regular job in any organization should also send a scanned copy of "No Objection Certificate" issued by the current employer.
All correspondence should be addressed to the above e-mail address only. No postal correspondence is required at any stage. Enquiry regarding the outcome of the application is discouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
Further info on NISER Bhubaneswar Biological Sciences Faculty Jobs 2010