Chief Executive Officer
Wellcome Trust / DBT India Alliance
The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India and the Wellcome Trust, London, UK have established a partnership to fund biomedical research in India. Operated as an independent, public charitable trust, currently based in Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh), the goal of the alliance is to deliver a programme of research fellowship schemes aimed at supporting current and future leaders of Indian biomedical science and clinical or public health researchers.
Application and nominations are invited for post of Chief Executive Officer from Indian citizens and non-resident Indians (NRIs), who should be a biomedical Scientist, clinical or public health researcher with an outstanding record of success and achievement along with excellent leadership and managerial qualities.
The post offers the chance to lead and develop an exciting grant funding programme in biomedical, clinical and public health research that will have an annual expenditure of up to £16 million.
The candidate should possess:
- M.D. or Ph.D in biomedical Science(s).
- Extensive experience and an in-depth understanding of the Indian biomedical, clinical and public health research environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills.
- Effective ambassadorial and influencing skills.
- Credibility with senior stakeholders in other organisations.
- A strong command of the English language.
The appointment will be on contract basis for a period of five years, which could be extendable for a further term. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and skills. The pertinent details can be referred at the DBT website – www.dbtindia.nic.in, Wellcome Trust website – www.wellcome.ac.uk OR the Wellcome Trust / DBT India Alliance website – www.wellcomedbt.org.
Applications (one hard and one soft copy) must include:
- Curriculum Vitae including telephone, fax and E-mail address,
- Present position and salary (with total emoluments) and
- A 500 word summary of the candidate’s view of the state of biomedical, clinical and public health research in India.
Application should be submitted to:
Ms. Saritha Vincent, Operations Manager, The Wellcome Trust / DBT India Alliance, H.No. 8-2-684/3/K/19, 1st Floor, Road No. 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500 034, Andhra Pradesh, India.
E-mail : eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%73%61%72%69%74%68%61%2e%76%69%6e%63%65%6e%74%40%77%65%6c%6c%63%6f%6d%65%64%62%74%2e%6f%72%67%22%3e%73%61%72%69%74%68%61%2e%76%69%6e%63%65%6e%74%40%77%65%6c%6c%63%6f%6d%65%64%62%74%2e%6f%72%67%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b'))
Deadline: 10th December, 2012