Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Anatomy
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen
Department of Basic Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Section of Anatomy and Cell Biology, wishes to appoint an Assistant professor/Associate Professor in Anatomy from January 1st, 2011, or as soon as possible thereafter.
The assistant professor/associate professor´s duties will primarily include research, including obligations with regard to publication/scientific communication and research-based teaching with associated examination obligations within all aspects of domestic animal anatomy including embryology, histology and gross anatomy. To a limited extent this may also include performance of other duties.
For the post of associate professor, such duties may also include performance of research management, educational guidance and supervision of assistant professors and professional assessment work.
The appointee should have qualifications within at least some of the following areas:
- Application of microscopy for functional analyses including immunocytochemistry, in situ hybridization, electron microscopy and/or intravital cell bioimaging
- Domestic animal embryology
- Assisted reproductive technology including stem cell biology
- Clinically oriented anatomy
- Experience in course organization and planning as well as in execution of teaching and examination
- Preferably a degree in veterinary medicine or an equivalent
During the period of employment as assistant professor, the applicant will have to complete educational training. If the appointee does not have a background in veterinary medicine, she/he is obliged to follow the courses Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2 included in the Veterinary Curriculum within the first 1½ year of employment.
//The post is financed by Department of Basic Animal and Veterinary Sciences //
In connection with the appointment to the post of assistant professor special importance will be attached to the applicant having the professional and personal qualifications stated below:
- Documented scientific qualifications such as a Ph.D. or equivalent in relation to the above subject area(s)
- Fluency in English. Life generally encourages employees who do not speak Danish to acquire a working knowledge of the language.
- Well-developed collaborative skills.
The period of employment as assistant professor will be limited to 4 years.
In connection with the appointment to the post of associate professor special importance will be attached to the applicant having the professional and personal qualifications stated below:
- research and any teaching qualifications corresponding to what can be achieved through an appointment as an assistant professor in relation to the above subject area(s)
- documented scientific productions at an international level in relation to the above subject area(s)
- Well-developed collaborative skills as documented through e.g. publications with different groups of co-authors.
- if the applicant has had no previous teaching experience through employment as an assistant professor or has not achieved corresponding teaching experience, the appointment will be probationary for 1½ years
For both appointment categories, the assistant professor/associate professor is also required to be enterprising and to possess good interpersonal skills.
Terms of employment
The post will be filled according to the Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The post is covered by the Protocol on Job Structure.
For further information about the post, please contact Professor Poul Hyttel on tel. (+45) 3533 2541, email@example.com.
The application, in English, must be submitted in the application form by clicking "Apply online" below. The application must include the following appendices:
Appendix 1: curriculum vitae with documentation of education.
Appendix 2: a complete list of publications and list of submitted appendices.
Appendix 3: a maximum of 10 relevant scientific works which the applicant wishes to be included in the assessment.
Appendix 4: documentation of additional research qualifications.
Appendix 5: documentation for qualifications regarding teaching/education:
- pedagogical education (associate professor level)
- participation in development of educations and seminars (assistant/associate professor level
- development of educational material (assistant/associate professor level)
- guidance of BSc, MSc and Ph.D.-level (associate professor level)
- experience with examination and/or censorship (assistant/associate professor level)
Appendix 6: if the post is sought at associate professor level, 2-3 pages of notes referring to the most important scientific works should also be enclosed.
The application must be accompanied by:
- a CD-ROM in WordXP/2003 legible format with appendices 1 and 2.
In addition to the material the applicant wishes to be included in the assessment, the Assessment Committee may include further material in their assessment of the applicant. In such circumstances, it is the responsibility of the applicant, on request, to send the material to the Committee.
Following processing of the application, any application material sent will be destroyed.
Receipt of the application will not be acknowledged, but the applicant will be kept continuously informed of the progress of the application.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation Executive Order no 284 of 25. April 2008.
Send your application with the above mentioned appendices electronically by clicking the ´Apply online´ below. We only accept electronic applications.
The deadline for applications is September 1st 2010.
The Faculty of Life Sciences is one of Europe´s leading university environments in the areas of Veterinary medicine, food, health, plants, biotechnology, natural resources, the environment and related academic areas.
Our research and degree programmes are centred on knowledge and tools that can help secure a brighter future for humans, animals and plants.
Read more about The Faculty of Life Sciences at www.life.ku.dk.
For details :