Assistant, Associate and Full Professorships - Clinical Informatics : Columbus, OH, United States
Assistant, Associate, and Full Professorships
As part of the OSU Wexner Medical Center (OSUWMC), BMI leads a robust and expansive informatics research, development, service, and training program spanning multiple research domains. These efforts are complemented by strong collaborations between the informaticians, biologists, and clinicians of OSU/OSUWMC. Faculty and staff in BMI have comprehensive access to an advanced information systems environment including inpatient and outpatient electronic health records, data warehousing platforms, a variety of enterprise research information systems, and high-performance computing and data management facilities for both clinical and bio-molecular data, the latter being afforded by a partnership with the Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC, http://www.osc.edu). Unprecedented growth in extramural programmatic funding over the past decade, as well as the operations of OSUWMC’s CTSA-funded Center for Clinical and Translational Science, NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, and a recent $1 billion expansion of OSUWMC, further enhance the breadth and depth of resources available at the nation’s largest, integrated health sciences campus.
These faculty positions are partially funded by The Ohio State University’s Discovery Themes Initiative, a significant investment in key thematic areas in which the university will make a global impact: Energy and Environment, Food Production and Security, and Health and Wellness. Spanning these grand challenges, the Data Analytics Collaborative provides the basis for delivering transformative solutions that harness the power of big data. The Collaborative will establish a singular presence in data analytics at Ohio State, incorporating innovative research, workforce development, and the establishment of high-impact partnerships.
- Integrative approaches to clinical decision support, including the combinatorial use of high throughput bio-molecular and clinical data sets
- The development of computational techniques and infrastructures for use in analyzing, managing, visualizing, mining, and integrating multi-dimensional high throughput and multi-dimensional data sets
- The application of machine learning, data science/mining, information theory, mathe-matical modeling, scientific visualization, text mining, and natural language processing tools and methods to enable the discovery, extraction, and formalization of clinical and bio-molecular phenotypes
- The analysis of linkages between bio-molecular and clinical data sets and models in order to inform network analyses and in-silico knowledge synthesis, with a particular emphasis on the discovery and evaluation of novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for a variety of diseases.
To apply, please send a full CV, including publications and funding records; detailed plans for research and educational programs; the names of three references; and, two representative publications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
The Ohio State University is committed to establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse en-vironment, encouraging all members of our learning community to reach their full potential. We are responsive to dual-career families and strongly promote work-life balance to support our community members through a suite of institutionalized policies. We are an NSF ADVANCE Institution and a member of the Ohio/Western Pennsylvania/West Virginia Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC).
To learn more about this position, please visit the college website: http://www.osu.edu/
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. …
- Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Columbus, OH, United States
- 14 days ago
- June 08, 2015
- Job type
- Faculty Member - multiple/non-specific
- Postgraduate - Doctorate/PhD
- Employment type
- Job hours