Research Scientist - Analytical Biochemistry / Regulatory Science
Job Description The Regulatory Science group is a part of E. I. DuPont, India, located in the Hyderabad area. It is responsible for conducting efficacy and safety related studies of genetically modified (GM) crops to be commercialized in India by Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. The group consists of multi-disciplinary teams, including scientists as well as quality assurance and compliance personnel from a broad range of technical fields, working together with regulatory and biotech affairs in India and globally. We are currently seeking candidates as employees to compile technical reports of regulatory studies.
Research Scientist-Analytical Biochemistry, Regulatory Science will be required to plan and conduct food safety studies such as compositional analysis of transgenic crop materials generated from field trials. He/she will also be responsible for designing the study, developing protocols, process samples, coordinate with contract research organizations (CROs) conducting the study and analyze the generated data.
1. Designs studies, including appropriate samples and control, for assessing nutrient composition of GM plant materials.
2. Generate protocol with details of the study.
3. Evaluate CROs for their capability, feasibility and cost of compositional studies
4. Oversee sample procurement and processing for use in the compositional studies and transfer the study material to CROs in good condition.
5. Discuss protocol with CRO and ensure conduct of study as per the protocol.
6. Ensure timely completion of studies maintaining high standards of quality.
7. Analyze data generated and interpret the results.
8. Performs quality control (QC) checking / proof reading of the study reports and other documents to meet the standards for regulatory submissions.
9. Generates templates for study protocols and reports.
10. As per the requirement, manages multiple projects at any given time.
11. Ensures review/feedback on reports from stakeholders, incorporation of comments or edits and timely completion/finalization of reports.
12. Follows and tracks trial or study status for current and forthcoming projects.
13. Maintains records for all assigned projects and facilitate archiving.
14. Performs additional tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Experience
1. Expertise and troubleshooting capability in HPLC or GC and mass spectrometry for quantification of plant metabolites (phytochemicals) and/or proteins.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Good organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and to work to deadlines.
4. Good oral and written communication skills. Must have good record of producing quality technical reports and/or publications.
5. When required, ability to manage/supervise technical staff equitably and professionally
6. Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently.
7. Knowledge of molecular biology is advantageous.
Qualifications Ph.D. in a plant biology or plant biochemistry related field with substantial bio-analytical and plant metabolism emphasis.
Experience 4 - 8 Years
Role Research Scientist
UG - Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG - Any PG Course - Any Specialization
Location Hyderabad / Secunderabad
E I DuPont India Private Limited
Deadline: Contact employer