Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
• Meet or exceed sales budgets for all telecommunications products assigned. Operate within assigned selling expense and promotional item budget. Through regular sales calls, generate preference for Corning Optical Communications’ products over that of competitors. Ensure a balanced mix of sales call to end users, contractors, cable assembly houses, distributors and consultants. Manage to maximum efficiency the NPI contractor program and Consultant Link-Up Program in your territory. Coordinate sales calls with primary distributor representatives to maximize sales penetration within assigned territory. Provide ongoing training to these distributors to assist them in effectively selling Corning Optical Communications' product solutions.
• Provide timely call report summaries for all face-to-face meetings & important phone conversations using an assigned CRM System. Maintain and keep current a territory Opportunity Board of all projects valued above $25K in your territory. Submit monthly reports and expense reports to the Regional Manager on time. Maintain proficiency in the use of the personal computer with special emphasis on Salesforce.com, Lotus Notes, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Travel Requirements: 50%
• 4 year Bachelors' degree.
• Sales and/or Marketing Experience Preferred
• Must be able to work effectively in an unstructured environment with minimum supervision from a home based office.
• Ability to use Salesforce.com to create and maintain a project pipeline and forecasting.
• Internally motivated and results oriented.
• Outstanding people skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Maintain proficiency in the use of the personal computer with special emphasis on Lotus Notes, SalesForce.com, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Ability to set up small and large education programs with a focus on customer needs.
• Ability to target and prioritize key customers.
• Proven success in time/territory management.
• Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
• Highly competitive with the ability to share success with team members and Regional Manager.
• Excellent organizational skills with proven track record.
• Familiarity with telecommunications, fiber-optics, & selling through distribution.
• Exceptional teaching, training and motivational skills with proven track record.