Scope of Position (i.e. projects involved with and role within group):
• Production planning and scheduling functions for a given product line(s).
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Date new sales and stock transport orders that have been entered on to the plant in a timely manner.
• Update the ATP tools with the latest bookings, ensuring that constrained capacities are not overbooked.
• Seamlessly communicate with plant, product line management and customer care to update order status and expedite orders as needed.
• Maintain lead time databases and communicates changes to lead times to the appropriate parties.
• Optimize finished goods, fiber and key raw material allocation.
• Move fallout and short length inventory.
• Release and schedule production orders using various optimization tools and processes.
Key Performance Metrics:
• Customer service (Ship to Request, Ship to Promise); overall customer satisfaction measure(s)
• Order Cycle Time for assigned product line(s)
• Schedule Compliance
• On-time schedule release
• Order dating cycle time
• Fallout utilization (STOMP/SLIDE)
Travel Requirements (please note if international):
Required Education (minimum required for consideration):
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
• APICS, ISM or SCORE certification a plus
Required Years and Area of Experience: (minimum required for consideration):
• 1-3 years of experience in plant scheduling, supply chain functions or customer care functions.
• Experience working in a matrix environment or on a cross functional team.
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess):
• APO and ERP system (SAP) knowledge and experience
• Collaboration and team spirit
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
• Strong organization skills
• Process oriented
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office
Desired Skills (These are skills that would be nice for candidates to possess):
• Experience across multiple plants or multiple functions
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
• Experience with cross functional collaboration
• Adaptable and flexible
• Able to work independently in a dynamic business and manufacturing environment