Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Scope of Position:
Candidate will be responsible for delivering the revenue plan via leadership of the regional carrier sales team for AT&T, VzW, Sprint and T-Mobile in the US.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Effective Team Leadership managing a team of regional Carrier Account Managers
• Developing and Implementation of a Strategic Business Plan to exceed annual business goals
• Drive key team initiatives to grow Corning preference within the regional engineering and sales teams
• Build the pipeline, convert the opportunity funnel and successfully deploy sites in the United States for strategic ONE opportunity
• Build strategic account plans and provide effective reporting to Corning executives regarding current business status for the US Based Carriers
• Work effectively with the Market Development, Channel, Territory and Product Management Groups to launch new programs and solutions to the market
• Close coordination and interactions with the Business Development Manager
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Effectively manage the Carrier Team to grow the business as well as drive key initiatives within Product Management, Finance and executive teams.
• Facilitate and lead conference calls with internal and external resources to help build the solution offering, put together business cases and launch new solutions based on the ONE platform.
• Work with the Carriers to successfully win new business together focused on the ONE platform. Provide training, design support, business case support and answer technical questions to win key deals.
• Work with the team to conduct Solution Updates to best position Corning and our portfolio of both active and passive solutions.
• Support the team and its efforts to bring in integrated opportunities. This includes working with the Business Development, Channel and Territory team partnering to win new ONE opportunity.
• Proven success working with the wireless carriers in a sales management related role
• Proven experience effectively leading teams
• Strong contacts within the wireless industry with primary focus on AT&T and VzW
• Proven track record 5 years+ of exceeding annual goals
• Strong Strategic Account Management Skills
• Technical knowledge and understanding of the Wireless industry
• Strong interest in Strategic Thinking and Analytical Problem Solving
• Self-Motivated and willing to accept challenges
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel (50+ %)
• Someone who thrives working in a highly transparent organization and models character and integrity in all of their internal and external interactions.
• Experience working in the iDAS/oDAS space
Required Education: College Degree/ MBA preferred
Required Years and Area of Experience: 10+ Years of Experience in the wireless industry.
Travel Requirements: Expect to be traveling 50% of the time meeting with key internal and external contacts.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Hours are flexible, but position requires 50+ hours per week