Job Title: Safety Pharmacology Specialist – Oncology
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
If you’re ready to progress your career in Safety Pharmacology, here's an opportunity to take a leading role in developing our Safety Pharmacology strategy for Oncology – one of our core, innovative therapeutic areas. In the cutting-edge Translational Safety Department, within Drug Safety and Metabolism, you'll be working in an integrated way across the entire safety organisation, to ensure industry-leading, safety mitigation paradigms. Making your influence felt across Early Clinical Development, Patient Safety and Oncology iMED, we'll depend on you to develop innovative patient specific strategies to underwrite critical differentiation strategies.
As a Safety Pharmacology Specialist, it’s essential that you have:
• A PhD-level education (or equivalent) in pharmacology, toxicology, pathology or a related scientific discipline
• A detailed knowledge of physiology, toxicology and safety pharmacology
• Extensive experience of safety pharmacology in drug discovery and development, in a drug safety setting, ideally supporting oncology projects
• A full understanding of the relevant legislation and developments in the pharmaceutical industry
• A track-record of publications in the safety pharmacology field
The following skills and qualifications are desirable:
• Experience of clinical or preclinical research in a pharmaceutical environment
• An awareness of local compliance systems and regulations
• A working knowledge of patent and IP strategies
As a Safety Pharmacology Specialist, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Providing high-quality strategic and scientific safety pharmacology support to the Oncology portfolio, at all stages of drug discovery and development
• Ensuring the timely coordination and delivery of experimental safety pharmacology data, to enable effective decision-making, and successful regulatory submission and registration
• Developing the research area and project-specific innovative approaches, to improve safety pharmacology predictions to patient populations
• Integrating modelling and simulation (PKPD) interpretative models to risk assessment and hazard identification, management and mitigation
• Authoring relevant sections of regulatory submission documents, and driving the publication of safety pharmacology data
AstraZeneca welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.