Pacific Edge Limited is a Dunedin-based biomedical company specialising in the development and commercialisation of diagnostics and prognostics for a range of cancers including bladder, colorectal and gastric.
The Company has completed a successful international multicenter clinical trial for its bladder cancer detection test Cxbladder. The Company’s colorectal cancer prognostic gene signature has also recently successfully completed its clinical trial in Europe. Pacific Edge Limited has now moved to commercialise these products into global markets. As part of our development and growth strategy Pacific Edge Limited has formed an international network of collaborations and alliances with research institutes and companies in Australasia, North America, Europe and Asia.
The Company is now seeking to appoint a top-level scientist who will be considered critical in developing and implementing the Company’s clinical program for molecular diagnostic testing and contribute to the vision of developing state of the art cancer management products.
The successful candidate will join a commercial, product-focused team in an environment where communication and collaboration are essential. You will be involved in all facets of the clinical program development including building line extensions to existing products, implementation of product pipelines and evaluating novel molecular diagnostics tests in a commercial laboratory setting.
Specifically applicants will have:
• PhD in a relevant science discipline with a minimum of 4 years post doctoral experience
• Proven ability to plan, execute and report scientific clinical studies
• Experience with the running of human clinical trials
• A knowledge of or strong interest in clinical diagnostics
• Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing to a wide variety of stakeholders, including physicians
• Ability to perform well as a member of a team as well as showing leadership in areas of primary responsibility
• Flexible can-do attitude
• A willingness and aptitude to help turn scientific ideas into commercial reality.
It would be advantageous for applicants to have:
• A knowledge of the regulatory environment for clinical laboratories
• Experience with bio resource collections (Bio Banks)
We are offering an exciting and challenging job with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills. Pacific Edge Limited is based in Dunedin in close proximity to the University of Otago and the successful candidate will be working with a professional team in a great working environment. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills, and participate in the discovery and development of innovative new diagnostics and prognostics for cancer.
Contact: Tana-Lee Henare
Pacific Edge Limited
87 St David Street
PO Box 56
Phone: +64 3 4795 806
Fax: +64 3 4795801
Deadline: Contact employer