Harvard Bioscience has three primary goals:
- Provide Quality Products to the Life Science Market
Through innovation, research and development, scientific collaborations and acquisitions, we continually broaden our product offering. We want to become the world leader in the life science marketplace.
- Provide Superior Customer Satisfaction and Support
We strive to achieve the highest possible level of customer satisfaction through all aspects of the purchase process. We offer outstanding technical assistance pre-sale to make the selection process easier. We process orders quickly and accurately. Post-sales support is provided so customers are completely satisfied with their purchase.
- Provide a Great Working Environment
Harvard Bioscience knows that to provide both great products and superior customer support you must attract the best employees. We do this by providing an open environment that stimulates trust and participation. We also offer a full benefits package and a great management team.
The Product Specialist is responsible for growing revenue and managing the current customer base through individual selling efforts and through close work with Territory Sales Managers.
- Travel within assigned territory
- Identifying and managing numerous prospect opportunities in the industries relevant to their product set
- Partner with multiple departments (Strategic Marketing, Technical Services, and R&D) to build value propositions, provide support throughout the sales process and to assist in optimization of product offerings to maximize the impact on short and long term sales
- Responsible for revenue growth through application specific sales, installation, system selection and field support for customers of the cell physiology product lines
- Work with the sales team to identify opportunities. Foster those sales from quotation to onsite installation/training
- Provide timely follow-up to prospects and customers. Consistently meet and exceed goals, including quarterly and annual sales performance goals
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant applications and value proposition and the ability to effectively articulate these internally and to prospects and customers
- Develop and nurture relationships with key decision makers at customer organizations and be proactive to identify opportunities to engage customers in new research opportunities
- Attend technical training courses and trade shows as required
Educational Background and Skill Requirements:
- BA or BS degree in Biology or Life Sciences, Masters preferred. Alternate degrees combined with experience in instrumentation sales will be considered.
- Experience managing a minimum of $2.0M in annual revenues.
- Instrumentation or Capital equipment sales experience (2 years minimum) in similar products and services preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM, and Business Intelligence Tools.
- The proven ability to achieve superior personal sales results and results working through channel partners.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
- Must be willing and able to travel within a defined region.
- Must be able to fully participate in local table top shows
- Must possess strong communication skills, written and verbal to include RFP and business correspondence