Job Location: Foster City, CA
SR. SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGER, GENETIC ANALYSIS
Life Technologies Corporation (LIFE) is a global biotechnology tools company dedicated to improving the human condition. The company was created from the merger of Invitrogen Corporation and Applied Biosystems in November of 2008. Life Technologies customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. LIFE’s systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that make life even better. With annual sales in excess of $3 billion, LIFE employs approximately 9,000 people in more than 100 countries and possesses a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of approximately 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses. Life Technologies is a publicly traded company trading on the NASDAQ under the symbol LIFE.
The Sr. Software Product Manager will be part of the Genetic Analysis (GA) Software Product Management team. The successful candidate will shape the direction of our SaaS platform for our next generation software, instrument, and chemistry solutions. This will require a superior understanding of software product development, software product markets and monetization paradigms and a demonstrated passion for bringing innovative product capabilities to market. S/he will join a growing product management team responsible for transforming the current traditional license-based business model into a subscription-based business model and launching this into market.
The successful candidate will work closely with external organizations to gather voice-of-customer and with internal organizations to ensure voice-of-customer alignment with product requirements and functional capabilities. Additionally, the successful candidate should demonstrate a keen ability to perform market analysis and solid understanding of core product management frameworks. S/he should be competent in customer-facing situations, comfortable in executive settings, and skilled at presenting and communication.
Working hand-in-hand with corporate development, the Sr. Software Product Manager will play a critical role in the identification and assessment of potential partners and / or M&A targets. The successful candidate will identify and drive commercially focused collaborations with key opinion leaders in the field that will result in new commercial opportunities for the company.
· Product development – storyboarding, prototyping, use case definition, customer requirements, product requirements
· Business case development
· Market segment analysis
· Product management – pricing, end-of-service, feature, value proposition development
· Competitive landscape research
· M&A target identification
· Marketing collateral / website content creation
· Market research – voice of customer
· Support strategic business development activities with key product and technical expertise
· Support the creation of first class business content demonstrating the level of compliance, security and resiliency of our SaaS Operations
· Communicate key aspects and benefits of the SaaS Platform and SaaS Solutions to prospects, customers, and industry analysts and internal GA audiences
· Be passionate about delivering great products, customer experiences and making customers successful
· Experience or exposure to IaaS and PaaS particularly with VMware technologies
· Experience or exposure to with Enterprise Content Management technology and concepts
· Experience or exposure to scale out applications and application strategies
· Proven track record in customer success
· Proven ability to interact with IT and business executives
· Strong communication skills: the candidate must have very strong written and verbal communication skills, from writing collateral and presentations, delivering business and technical concepts to a diverse audience-base
· Demonstrated drive to get things done, leadership, accountability, problem-solving skills, enthusiasm, and work ethic
· Team-oriented: candidate must enjoy collaborating with a globally distributed team and be able to both lead and participate in projects
· Must be a self-starter and is self motivated
· Plus – experience / exposure in life sciences
Deadline: Contact employer