Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems. Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global Finance Function acts as a proactive business partner, advising and making recommendations based upon financial projections and historical performance. Finance also provides financial expertise companywide and ensures accurate and efficient transaction processing.
- The role is to support the Manager, Treasury Operations in the management of Corning liquidity and cash related activities including maintenance of overall infrastructure including corporate policies, processes and procedures, e-banking systems, banking documentation, cash forecasts, intercompany lending, controls & Metrics plus other infrastructure aspects.
- The position will perform an important role within the team in terms of delivering continued operation excellence and identifying and acting upon continuous improvement opportunities.
- The position plays a primary role in Treasury’s efforts to maintain and employ appropriate banking and cash management products and services that satisfy both corporate and local operating requirements while ensuring the Corporation’s daily cash flows are managed effectively, safeguarded against loss and aligned with Corning policies, controls and Treasury infrastructure.
- A significant portion of Treasury Operations daily cash management processes are outsourcer to a 3rd party outsource provider. This position will act as the primary day to day point of contact and subject matter expert to help resolve issues and enhance services.
- The role is operational in nature and requires a focus on meeting customer needs and delivering results in an environment where critical deadlines need to be met on a daily basis.
Key requirements and characteristics of the ideal candidate are:
- The ability to think analytically and develop recommendations based on sound and accurate assumptions.
- Attention to detail
- Project work
- International and domestic travel in required
- Ability to work cross-functionally
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. Other duties may and can be assigned.
- Monitor cash activity to ensure adequate liquidity for all Treasury controlled bank accounts including those managed by the outsourcing agent.
- Maintain target balances for entities on manual sweep, ensure funds are being concentrated and centralized in an efficient manner.
- Rationalize bank account structure and implement changes as needed.
- Manage daylight overdraft limits for Corning concentration accounts.
- Continue to integrate entities onto our regional platform, netting and cash management/reporting systems.
- Manage intercompany lending program and Revolving Credit Agreement.
- Support / Drive the semi-annual cash forecasting process.
- Work to generate month-end forecast vs. actual variance scorecard. Validate data with the business, analysis of historical activity, trend and known cash spending.
FX / Capital Market Deals:
- Work with FX / Corporate Finance Manager to ensure deal/cash alignment. Primary person for deal approval in Treasury Management System
- Ensure that control documentation is current and bank system access is maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure outsourcing Procedure documentation is current. Enforce Corning’s policies. Review and recommend improvement.
- Period reviews and testing of Treasury Operations procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and report results to Treasury management,
- Prepare metrics, documentation and analysis to meet control requirement for regular reviews with Treasury Operations Manager.
- Act as primary contact for internal/external audit and liaison with auditors.
- Ensure all In House Bank loans and FX deals supporting documentation is appropriately approved/signed and filed.
- Administration and security management of Corning Treasury eBank platforms.
- Enhancement of banking system functionality
- Maintain security matrix for Treasury and Shared Services eBank platforms.
- Treasury Management System. Ongoing review and enhancement of system functionality. Maintain security access and process.
- Treasury Vision cash reporting tool. Maintain security and system enhancement. Daily review and management of automated reporting. Continue to automate reporting into the system and reduce manual upload to the degree possible.
- Act as a daily point of contact for Treasury’s outsourced service provider supporting the following key services as outlined in the General Procedures:
- Cash management
- Intergroup Financing
- FX Confirmation and Settlement
- Assist with the management of banking relationships.
- Provide information/training to other employees both within and outside of the department.
- Primary interface for regional shared service centers to manage account activity and issue resolution.
Projects and Continuous Improvement:
- Miscellaneous Treasury projects. Work on special projects and analysis as required.
- Recommend and drive continuous improvement through analysis and experience
- Analyze bank fees and recommend changes.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of Treasury related wires.
- Act as back up and support to other Treasury team members as necessary.
- Support integration activities for acquisitions and divestitures.
Travel Requirements: 10%
Education & Experience:
- A general understanding of banking, cash management, financial applications and the flow of information through the organization.
- Working knowledge of financial systems used (PeopleSoft, SAP, Khalix, etc.)
- Proven attentiveness to detail and accuracy (Controls and Audit experience a plus)
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent degree
- Must be strongly analytical and knowledgeable of Finance best practices (Treasury a plus)
- Capable of working independently with general supervision from the Treasury Manager
- Some accounting knowledge and willingness to learn.
- 2 years + applicable experience in Treasury
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}