Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems. Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global Finance Function acts as a proactive business partner, advising and making recommendations based upon financial projections and historical performance. Finance also provides financial expertise companywide and ensures accurate and efficient transaction processing.
Purpose of the Position:
Ensures entity compliance with local regulations, GAAP accounting principles and Corning policies and procedures. Ensures that plant receives the appropriate type and level of Finance expertise and support to best inform financial and operational decision making and the achievement of strategic and operational goals. Ensures the successful implementation of global Finance business programs, processes, and procedures in support of corporate, function and plant goals and objectives.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead the finance function for the Plant and be a key member and decision maker of the management staff.
- Analyze and report on key plant operational and accounting metrics (recurring and ad-hoc). Present plant financial performance in various forums as required. Make recommendations for continuous improvement in both reporting and financial performance.
- Manage the department to ensure timely and accurate completion of CP accounting activities, including fixed asset management, inventory valuation, product costing, period closing & reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and overall asset and liability control.
- Ensure appropriate support of divisional requirements and Corning Finance functions to include SEC and tax reporting.
- Ensure a strong internal control environment. Comply with GAAP and Corning accounting policies. Maintain documentation in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Responsible for the continued professional development of finance staff; also responsible for raising the financial awareness and understanding of key (non-finance) plant personnel.
- Serves as consultant/financial expert to plant leadership on matters pertaining to policy, plans, projects (capital, PEx, etc.) and objectives. Conducts reviews, provides analysis and makes recommendations as required.
- Serves as a bridge between the division and the Finance function to ensure division business requirements influence the Finance strategy and the Finance strategy is relevant to the division strategy.
- Other functions and projects as assigned in support of plant and business objectives
Travel Requirements: Domestic - 10%
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 8 - 10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of financial and management accounting, including systems, compliance and reporting requirements
- CPA, CMA certification is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Adept at interacting and communicating with all aspects of the business, including plant staff and senior managers
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PeopleSoft, Khalix)
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to act under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Cost modeling
- Inventory control and management
- Manufacturing/Six Sigma background
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley
- Experience managing people
- Team player
- Self-motivated; ability to act on initiative
- Customer focused
- Business partner
- Proven ability to embrace and drive change
- Clear dedication to excellence and advancing beyond the current state
- Ability to develop influential relationships with business leaders
- Ability to question decisions and provide alternative recommendations
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}