Oracle Database Administrator Monsanto Company United States
The Senior level Oracle DBA's primary focus will be assessment, planning and implementation of new technologies for our business customers in support of our growing infrastructure. This individual will need to be well versed in all aspects of Oracle database administration, including how Oracle interacts with other Enterprise software.
Global Infrastructure (GI) designs, implements and manages innovation and technology and services. As an Oracle Server Data Base Administrator, you will take part in our strategic adjacencies as a proactive commitment to our growth. You will also build initiative and work together with leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products.
Monsanto has been selected as one of the top 100 places to work by Computerworld magazine for three consecutive years. The nomination was based on employee surveys that rank benefits, diversity, career development, training and retention.
The Data Base Administrator works with architecture, application development and other infrastructure teams to meet current and future business objectives. A successful candidate will provide leadership during the development and enhancement of RDBMS systems including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation.
This successful candidate will also work on a team whose responsibilities include working with Architecture and other Infrastructure teams to determine the best technical solution for varying business requirements, acquiring the hardware/software, then implementing the solution.
Job Requirements top
- 5 years experience administering Oracle (10g and above) and supporting RAC in a large, production environment.
- Oracle 11g administration experience.
- Oracle RAC implementation experience.
- Installing, upgrading and maintaining Oracle database systems and experience using enterprise level tools including Oracle Enterprise Manger (OEM) and RMAN for Oracle database backup and recovery administration.
- 4-6 years in IT operations with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Experience with server-client computing and relational database environments
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or other related field
- SQL Server 2005/2008
- Database Administration/ Management - Installation, upgrade, backup/restore and maintenance of Database Systems
- Database Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Database clustering/mirroring
- Database Security
- Evaluation and design of interfaces between SQL Server Databases and external systems
- Providing emergency support 7 days x 24 hours for SQL and Oracle Server
- Understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Project management experience a plus
Deadline: Contact employer