The Genomics and Bioinformatics Platform of Andalusia (GBPA), located in the Science and Technology Park Cartuja Sevilla and promoted by the Ministry of Equality, Health and Social Politics, is a unique platform of sequencing and computational genomics having state-of-the-art equipment. It has been designed to develop excellece research and high-quality science in the field of genomics and bioinformatics. GBPA is the ideal place to carry out interdisciplinary projects of public and private initiatives, and especially in the clinical area, also offering custom sequencing and bioinformatics services to the research community and clinical analysis.
The center comprises of-state-of-the-art technology with a high performance next generation sequencing (NGS) platform (11 sequencers) and with a bioinformatics platform composed by high-performance computing cluster (HPC) for analysis and computation of all sequence data. The combination of both platforms offers greater potential to discover genome variants associated to diseases or to traits.
The combination of both platforms offers high potential for the discovery of genetic variants of diseases and genomic markers, becoming in a reference site in genomic sequencing and analysis, especially in the clinical area.
• Direction and coordination of the activities carried out in the Platform.
• Promote the visibility of the services portfolio through sales and marketing activities
• Optimization of internal and external services offered by the Platform.
• Promote the development of new projects where the Platform participates as a partner / collaborator.
• Promote partnerships with public or private institutions.
• Periodically update the services portfolio and fares.
• Encourage and support quality research in genomics and bioinformatics within the Platform for subsequent translation to the Andalusian Public Health System
• Develop strategies to implement within the Andalusian Public Health System the research carried out in the Platform.
For more information regarding job requirements and conditions, and to submit an application for the selection process and online submission of CV information, interested parties should go to the Progress and Health Foundation website at:
The deadline for applications and submission of CVs is 31 October, 2014 at 1pm.
Seville, Septembre 30th, 2014
Juan Jesús Bandera González