DTU Cen invites applications for a laboratory manager for its scanning and transmission electron microscopes manufactured by FEI Company. This is a permanent appointment. The laboratory manager will report to DTU Cen’s Deputy Director and will:
- Perform daily maintenance of DTU Cen’s scanning and transmission electron microscopes so that they operate optimally, and work with users to encourage their productive use;
- Liaise with DTU Cen’s Deputy Director to define work schedules for DTU Cen’s technical support staff, and to plan and organize microscope maintenance schedules, service visits and hardware and software upgrades;
- Ensure that all users are aware of DTU Cen’s house rules;
- Lead and manage the training of new users and the developlent of techniques and instrumentation on DTU Cen’s scanning electron microscopes;
- Supervise and perform research and service work carried out on DTU Cen’s Quanta 3D scanning electron microscope;
- Together with DTU Cen’s scientific staff, assist in the development of electron backscatter diffraction on DTU Cen’s Helios NanoLab microscope;
- Become familiar with DTU Cen’s sample preparation equipment and advise and assist users in its use;
- Manage the availability of consumable items at DTU Cen.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in electron microscope service and repair and be able to interact with users at all levels. The candidate should also be interested in developing techniques and instrumentation related to electron microscopy, and be able to work independently.
In the assessment of candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Technical and laboratory skills related to electron microscopy.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Potential for contributing to DTU Cen’s internal and external cooperation.
We offer an exciting and challenging job in an international environment with a good team spirit and good possibilities for professional and personal growth. We are a family-friendly organisation with flexible working hours.
Salary and appointment terms
The salary and appointment terms will be based on the current agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the relevant union. The position is full-time (37 hours per week).
You must submit your application no later than 27 July 2010 . Please open the link "apply online", fill in the application form and attach your application and CV.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
For further information please contact DTU Cen’s Deputy Director Andrew Burrows, Phone +45 4525 6473.
DTU Cen was inaugurated in December 2007 and contains four scanning electron microscopes (including two dual-beam instruments) and three transmission electron microscopes, two of which are aberration-corrected monochromated Titans. DTU is located ten km north of Copenhagen and is one of the largest technical universities in northern Europe.
Details to apply online :