Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems. Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Projects Involved with:
- Define and lead the implementation of process control systems (SOP's, SOS's) throughout the facility for critical infrastructure equipment.
- Provide project leadership for facility improvement projects.
- Planning and scheduling of customer special requests outside of daily requirements.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all the aspects of supervision of 16 hourly (Trades) employees at Headquarters
- Responsible for Safety, housekeeping, scheduling, training, evaluation and day-to-day activities of 16 hourly (Trades) employees.
- Plan, prioritize, and coordinate all department activities to provide maintenance support for all the labs and building infrastructure.
- Directly accountable for the performance and operation of all site-wide infrastructure services; including HVAC systems, boilers, chillers, substation, and bulk gases.
- Troubleshoot process and infrastructure equipment issues and lead corrective action.
- Track the performance of the maintenance team metrics, and always promote continuous improvement.
- Provide a rapid response to customer needs on a 24 X 7 basis.
- Responsible for budget setting and spending controls within the team.
- Make sure all training needs are meet and ensure completion of training requirements for all employees, including all required safety training.
- Attend daily meetings for prioritizing and providing input on current activities.
- Resolve personnel issues at the first level whenever possible. Utilize the 4-step discipline process as appropriate.
- Utilize the CMMS (Tabware) system to manage all activities.
Travel Requirements: Minimal
Required Education: Bachelors in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience: 1 - 3 Years, Facilities Management/Production
- Electrical / Mechanical Engineering degree
- Supervisory Experience
- Organizational/planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office minimum)
- 3-4 years working in a facilities/plant/manufacturing environment
- Hands-on style
- Knowledge of CMMS (Tabware) system
- Able to lead a small team to maintain and improve equipment
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to work with personnel of all payrolls
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}