Central European University - Student Services
Starting date: April, 2011
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full Or Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing primarily in the social sciences. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master's and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1500 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 140 resident faculty, from over 40 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world.
The language of instruction is English.
The Director of Student Recruitment will be based in Budapest, and be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive student recruitment and marketing strategy for CEU's 12 academic departments and the schools of Business and Public Policy. The director is responsible for engaging the university leadership, faculty, staff, students, and alumni in a university-wide recruitment effort focused on realizing enrollment goals set in conjunction with the academic departments and schools. This will include marketing and promotion of the university, advertisement, and relations with other academic institutions. This position reports to the Vice President for Student Services and supervises a staff of seven.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordination of internal recruitment planning, including discussion with departments about recruitment priorities, staff training and development, and regular communication with key internal constituents.
- Coordination of staff, faculty, student, and alumni involvement in recruitment efforts such as graduate recruitment fairs, visit to universities, etc.
- Preparation of CEU recruitment/marketing materials and the development and maintenance of web pages to present prospective student information.
- Coordination of the work of CEU's network of local recruitment partners.
- Development and implementation of multiple communication channels for advertising, including e-mail, web, printed and online advertising, etc.
- Management of administrative duties related to recruitment
- Supervision of recruitment staff of seven and management of Recruitment Office budget
- The ideal candidate will be a dynamic person with a minimum of a Master's degree or equivalent with five or more years of experience in student marketing and recruitment, preferably in the European region. Excellent interpersonal, managerial, and communication skills and knowledge of information technology as it relates to recruitment is expected. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Some recruitment travel will be expected, up to 20% of the year, and the candidate must be able and willing to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic and international academic environment.
How to apply?
Applicants need to submit:
- Statement of Interest
Informal enquiries may be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your complete application package to: email@example.com - including job code in subject line: 2011/010
Central European University
Human Resources - Code: 2011/010
Nador utca 9
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.