Scope of Position:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
· Responsible for error free execution of quotes, orders, return authorizations, and other order management related activities.
· Ability to communicate product discrepancy specification information to customers.
· Build strong working relationships with both internal and external customers.
· Understand and execute contractual agreements.
· Coordinate customer requirements with Sales, Marketing, Engineering Services, and Operations to meet customer requirements.
· Professional phone skills and written communication skills to include excellent use of grammar and sentence structure.
· Ability to flex across customers, markets, and segments to ensure timely responsiveness to customers.
· Participation in training, testing, and project related activities as identified.
· Represent Corning Optical Communications to the customer in a highly effective, professional manner.
Travel Requirements: None
· Will be required to remain in Customer Care for a minimum of two years.
· Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 hours – Must be flexible and willing to work any 8 hour schedule between the hours of 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM.
Education and Experience:
· Required: High School Degree
· Preferred: 2-year Associate Business Degree or Bachelor Degree; Customer Service experience
· Represent Corning Optical Communications in a professional manner at all times, even under pressure.
· Quality and customer focused.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective problem solver, detail oriented.
· Demonstrate time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
· Motivated Team Player – ability to lead and participate within self-motivated work teams.
· Ability to grow within the organization.
· Proficiency with computer programs such as SAP, Microsoft Office, Word, Sharepoint.
· Intermediate or advanced Microsoft Excel skills
· Excellent typing and keyboarding skills.
· Strong math skills
· Ability to work a variety of work schedules, including holiday and weekend emergency coverage.
· Basic understanding of fiber optic cable and connectivity products.
· Other verbal and written language skills a plus.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Team oriented
· Sincere desire to deliver an outstanding customer experience
Apply online at:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;