Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
Scope of Position:
- Performs a very wide variety of administrative support tasks for Plant Manager and Leadership.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the plant manager and staff i.e. manage calendars, make travel arrangements, coordinate executive visits and arrangements, manage plant visitors, prepare presentations, manage group visits i.e. tours, etc.
- Provide event coordination for facility, i.e. training events, outside plant visits, celebrations, service award events, etc.
- Acts as Human Resources Data Steward or back up Data Steward managing HR PeopleSoft data, support onboarding, department changes, report generation, etc.
- Provides data reporting and analysis various functions, i.e. financial head counting, recognition reporting, time to fill openings, plant service, annual staffing, etc.
- HR/Payroll administrator for non-exempt and hourly population. SME on Kronos system, clears payroll for facility, audits time, instructs supervisors on use and questions, Monitors holiday and shift patterns for accuracy, etc.
- Develops plant communication and training calendars, publishes to organization.
- Manages plant conference rooms with daily schedule and assists with conflicts in needs.
- Leads Plant Activity Team and manages related sundry i.e. Museum Passes and Memberships, Durham Bulls Season Tickets, Florist orders for employees, holiday event planning and execution, plant wide event and execution, service awards, etc.
- Acts as one of the first points of contact for employees’ general requests.
- Manages employee locker process and assignment.
- Manages daily mail and postal meter.
- Recommends changes to methods and procedures.
- Provides feedback and coaching to others.
- Assigns appropriate confidentiality status to materials and may take action to ensure compliance.
- Independently solves most problems on basis of examining pertinent facts.
- In addition to maintaining internal customer relations, may interact with external contacts.
Travel Requirements: none
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: This is an 8 - 5 position supporting a 24/7 manufacturing operation. Hours outside of the normal office time are required at times.
Required Education: Bachelors in Business, General Administration or equivalent
Required Years and Area of Experience: 5 years in a high level administrative, coordinator, HR administration, etc. Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred but not required.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Successful track record in administrative coordinator for a team of individuals or managers
- Successful track record in managing administrative requirements for a plant or large facility
- Microsoft Exchange user
- Detail oriented
- Forward Looking
- Ability to take constructive criticism.
- Ability to give good feedback.
- Ability to manage in a matrix organization
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization from executive to employee.
- SharePoint administrator
- HR PeopleSoft
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Team Player
- Listening Skills
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}