CCMB-Deakin University (Australia) PhD Fellowships 2009:
CENTRE FOR CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY (CCMB)
(Council of Scientific & Industrial Research)
Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007
Two Ph. D. Fellowships available at CCMB, Hyderabad
The Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) Hyderabad, India and Deakin University, Geeland (Australia), have started a collaborative program on mammary gland function and hematopoeitic stem cells.
Under this program, two fellowships for registering Ph.D. students at Deakin University, Australia are available through CCMB from February 15, 2009.
Each fellowship shall be for a period of 3 years initially and it will be extendable for the fourth year if required. Selected candidates shall receive a stipend of AUD 5000 per year which is equivalent to approximately Rs.1,60,000/-. CCMB shall provide the hostel facilities to the candidates if needed.
The selected candidates would also be required to go to Geelong (Australia) to carry out experiments related to the Projects, for a period of no more than two months every year for which, travel expenses and additional living expenses shall be provided.
1. Interested candidates who meet the eligibility criteria (listed below) should send their applications along with attested photocopies of their educational qualifications and a one page write up about their interest in applying for this Fellowship, on or before 31 December 2008 in the prescribed proforma available on the CCMB website www.ccmb.res.in (which can be downloaded), to the Controller of Administration, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal Road, Hyderabad – 500007.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Candidates should have completed their Master’s or B. Tech./B.E. degree from a recognized university in India in any of the subjects related to Life Sciences or Chemical Sciences i.e. Zoology, Botany, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, etc.
The candidate should have cleared all the exams from High School up to the Master’s/BE/B.Tech level in First Class scoring above 70% marks in the final exams.
Preference shall be given to candidates have cleared either the GATE, CSIR/UGC NET or the ICMR JRF exam. However, in case the candidate joins this fellowship he/she shall not be able to avail of the GATE, CSIR/UGC or ICMR fellowships.
3. Upper age limit is 28 years and is relaxable upto 5 years in case of SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physiclly Handicapped candidates. Upper age limit will be reckoned as on 31.12.2008
4. INTERVIEWS: All the applications will be screened and the list of candidates found to be suitable for interview will be posted on the CCMB website on 28.1.2009.
Candidates found suitable should appear for interview on 19th February, 2009 at 8.30 AM sharp at CCMB, Hyderabad. No separate call letter for interview will be issued.
5. Travelling allowance is not payable by CCMB and candidates have to make their own arrangements for stay, etc. at Hyderabad.
6. Mere fulfilling of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person to be called for the interview. The decision of the Centre in regard to the candidates to be called for interview shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.