February 13, 2008
2:00-3:30 pm Eastern (U.S.) time
What kind of an impact could your laboratory make if you changed a few simple policies to incorporate green practices?
During this audioconference, you will learn from an expert on green technologies what your lab can do today to help save the environment. You'll hear also hear a lab safety manager describe how his institution made the five-year journey from being cited by the EPA to instituting award-winning innovations for managing and disposing of hazardous laboratory materialsand saved $65,000 in the process. A representative from one of the nation's largest reference labs will also describe how implementing some relatively simple policies has resulted in a significant reduction of waste and the use of far fewer chemicals.
Attend this audioconference and know:
* Actions you can take today to make your lab more environmentally friendly
* How much you can potentially save by adopting certain green practices
* New, more eco-friendly ways to dispose of hazardous waste from your laboratory
* How to incorporate green technologies into laboratory building or renovation projects
* How to streamline your lab to make it more energy efficient
* Janet Brown, Partner Program Manager, Hospitals for a Healthy Environment, Arlington , VA
* David P. Jackson, Senior Vice President, Strategic Services, ARUP Laboratories, Salt Lake City , UT
* Timothy A. Johnson, CT/SLS (ASCP) , Laboratory Safety Manager, Allina Hospitals & Clinics, Minneapolis, MN
Laboratory administrators, directors and managers; hospital administrators, and all others who are involved in managing or improving laboratory processes.
Invite your hospital administrator and safety officers to join you! Presenters will provide information targeted to both audiences.
For more information, go to the meeting Web site.