Have you thought about how to feed the fast growing world population? We have.
And we are looking for top talent to join our team!
Syngenta is a world-leading agribusiness committed to sustainable agriculture through innovative research and technology. The company is a leader in crop protection, and ranks third in the high-value commercial seeds market. Sales in 2007 were approximately $9.2 billion. Syngenta employs over 21,000 people in more than 90 countries. Syngenta is listed on the Swiss stock exchange (SYNN) and in New York (SYT).
Technical Writer/Editor- 1047
Role Purpose –
• To establish and promote best practice in documentation of biotech regulatory science studies to ensure documents are suitable for their target audience
• Advise managers on all aspects of written presentation, to include: structure, organization, arguments, tables and graphs, and non-technical content
• Work closely with study directors and other technical writers to achieve a high level of consistency and technical accuracy of content. This will include the development and implementation of procedures to ensure integrity of all data sets used within departmental documents and many of these data sets are very large
• Play a pivotal role in managing electronic archives and train department members in proper use of the archiving tool
• Facilitate the implementation of a publication strategy in support of the science that underpins registration of biotech crops
• Oversee processes that govern quality of technical documentation, this includes:
• Ensure that protocols are consistent across projects and with the style guide.
• Serve as key departmental user for a Documentum-based document management system,
• Contribute to the development of a strategy for publication of regulatory science articles in peer-reviewed journals, actively manage the publication projects to ensure publications are of the highest standard and that they achieve timely publication in targeted journals
• Train employees in protocol and report writing and the document review processes, and provide ongoing coaching on technical writing
• Resolve feedback from peer review committee with the author to provide clarity of expectations for all stakeholders
Communicate any amendments to the style guide to all departmental authors, and internal stakeholders, to ensure implications of change are broadly understood
Knowledge, experience & capabilities –
Critical success factors & key challenges
• Ability to teach /mentor/ coach best practices in authoring documents
• Careful attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on coaching
• Ability to convert external stakeholder requirements into internal best practices as it applies to document authorship
• Able to train departmental members in the use document preparation and storage programs
• Ability to convey complex scientific subjects using concise and comprehensible written descriptions
• Abe to work effectively in an environment with strict deadlines
• BA/BS in Technical Communications, English or Science related field (Molecular Biology and/or Biochemistry) with a minimum of five years of experience
• Prior experience in any of the following: copy editor for scientific journal, technical/scientific writer, participation in peer review of scientific articles, science publishing
• Familiarity with plant biotechnology desirable
Familiarity with GLP as it related to data integrity and reporting is desirable
• Highly competent with Microsoft Word
• Prior experience with Documentum-based document storage and retrieval system
• Previous experience preparing documents for Governmental regulatory agencies: US, EU, Japan
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
• High-level writing and editing skills; an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct style accessible and comprehensible to readers where English is not their primary language
• Attention to detail, ability to critically edit protocols and study reports and to provide feedback in a positive and constructive way
• Well-organized – ability to independently prioritize work on concurrent projects and meet deadlines
• Willingness to learn and to take more responsibility with increased knowledge and experience
• Posses a wide vocabulary and a firm grasp of its usage in technical setting
Syngenta offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including market-based pay, health/dental insurance, a generous 401(k) program, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and relocation assistance.
Qualified candidates should apply today! Please submit your application online at www.syngentacareers.com. EOE