This is an opportunity for all of you .. we are looking for Masters or PhD with 7 to 10 years of experience
Glass Technology, Ceramic Engineering, Materials Science or Physics...
O-I (www.o-i.com) in OHIO ,is looking toward the future -- current technology for melting glass is eneregy intensive, we need to develop cost effective, scalable melting technology that lowers the energy content and residence time of the glass in the furnace to give us greater manufacturing flexibility
-Brand new position - a statement is being made by senionr mgmt that we are in the glass business for the long term we need to expand our research capabilities to remain competetive with glass and other packaging materials -- key area -- how we melt glass
You will be responsible for initiating and supervising research and technical programs aimed at improving existing glass melting and conditioning processes as well as development of new rapid melting technologies that are more energy efficient, less capital intensive and are designed to support flexible manufacturing.
Your Day to Day activites must be:
- Lead project definition, planning and execution of R&D projects related to improving existing melting and conditioning technologies.
- Initiate and/or supervise research into new rapid glass melting technologies
- Lead development of promising melting technologies into commercially viable processes.
- Manage the performance, growth and development of subordinates.
you will build an effective team capable of addressing the following challenges :
1. Determining where our understanding of current glass melting technology is lacking and develop
a plan for filling those gaps.
2. Developing ways to get the most out of our current furnace technology. (i.e. improved energy
efficiency, longer life,improved materials etc,
3. Developing new melting technologies into commercially viable processes.
Your objectives will be defined -- how they deliver the outcome is up to them -- Wayne, likes to be involved, however they will have authority. Wayne likes to be informed, participate as time permits.
This individual must gain an understanding of our current melting technology as well as the work that has been done over the last 50 years in the area of rapid melting.
Top 5 things you must know how to do :
Have experience developing processes intended for use in the manufacture of glass or a similar material.
Knowledge of glass chemistry
Knowledge of heat transfer and fluid flow
Knowledge of modeling techniques and the necessary tools to accomplish that task.
Top 5 competencies you must poses:
Building a successful team
So i would appreciate if you send me your updated resume ASAP.
Please mail me at eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%76%6a%61%69%6e%40%76%69%73%6e%6f%76%61%73%6f%6c%75%74%69%6f%6e%73%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%76%6a%61%69%6e%40%76%69%73%6e%6f%76%61%73%6f%6c%75%74%69%6f%6e%73%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b'))