The MSI at UCSB is a great place to be in, so if you are qualified and looking for a change of pace....
We are looking an experienced diver to join the SONGS artificial kelp reef mitigation monitoring team in Carlsbad, California. Our ideal candidate would be an experienced diver with good mechanical aptitude, and the ability to work meticulously with large amounts of data. Please forward this to anybody who you feel might be a good candidate for the position. Applicants must apply for the position online at the link provided, but can direct any specific questions about the job to me.
Thanks again for your continued help!
Job Title: STAFF RESEARCH ASSOCIATE I
Department: MSI-Marine Science Institute
Job Number: 20090034
Job Open Date: 02-17-2009
Job Close Date: 03-02-2009
Title Code: 9613
Apply Online: http://jobs.ucsb.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=183679
Summary of Job Duties
Under general supervision, provides field and laboratory support for a long-term study investigating the performance of an artificial reef used to mitigate the loss of kelp forest habitat caused by the operation of the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station.
- B.A. or B.S. in the sciences (biology, zoology, mathematics, etc.)
- Current American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS) Research Diving certification
- NITROX certification from accredited certifying agency
- Familiarity with taxonomy and classification of Pacific coast marine invertebrates and algae.
- Completed California Department of Boating and Waterways basic boating education course, or equivalent