Pre-Sales Applications Scientist – GCMS
We are seeking an enthusiastic, people-oriented Application Scientist for Agilent's Life Science and Chemical Analysis (LSCA) Business to provide on-going GC and GCMS product and application support to customers and internal partners working from our Wilmington, DE site. In this role you will work closely with our sales professionals in an effort to develop customer solutions, drive business and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist the sales team in developing end-to-end solutions sales to meet the customer's needs
- Integrating Agilent GC and GCMS solutions into customer workflows
- Interfacing with customers in problem solving using Agilent GC and GCMS
- Partnering with the LSCA Sales Team to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries for GC and GCMS applications.
- Conducting in-house demonstrations to showcase our state of the art GC and GCMS products
- Providing customers both remote and onsite product and application support for Agilent GC and GCMS products
- Providing customer training at both customer and Agilent facilities
- Delivering consulting at customer sites
- Contributing in the development of new applications for the GC and GCMS product line including writing application briefs to highlight product capabilities and making contributions to recognized scientific forums, including written, oral and poster presentations.
- Promoting Agilent's GC and GCMS products and aiding in the training of Sales Force, as well as evaluating, and providing feedback to management on new products prior to release.
- Providing reports on activities in the field on a regular basis to Product Marketing and monitors technical trends in the markets we serve.
- Preparing and presenting technical seminars to customers, potential customers and works with Agilent's Product Specialists to aid in the development of technical sales strategies.
Agilent Technologies is the world's premier measurement company. Agilent provides core electronic and bio-analytical measurement tools to engineers, service providers, researchers and scientists in the electronics, communications, life science research, environmental and petrochemical industries.
As an employee at the Wilmington, DE site a wide variety of unique options are available to you: flexible work hours, on-site cafeteria and fitness center with a variety of classes, basketball, tennis, and volleyball courts, and more! You will also be able participate in a number of different community volunteer projects.
We are located midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia; just 2 hours drive north to New York City or south to Washington, DC. There, we have 800 people inventing, designing, building and marketing products that dominate the market for chemical analysis. Our products are frequently behind the headlines in the news, from environmental regulations to new drug discoveries to Homeland Security.
Agilent will not sponsor work authorization for this position.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years hands-on experience in the field of GC and GCMS with a deep understanding of laboratory workflow
- Hands-on experience with Agilent GC and GCMS products required
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communications skills
- Strong project management experience skills
- Ability to define and create solutions
- Available for flexible work schedule and business up to 40-70% business travel.
Feel free to contact me directly – eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%6a%6f%61%6e%6e%65%5f%6e%61%63%75%63%63%68%69%6f%40%6e%6f%6e%2e%61%67%69%6c%65%6e%74%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%6a%6f%61%6e%6e%65%5f%6e%61%63%75%63%63%68%69%6f%40%6e%6f%6e%2e%61%67%69%6c%65%6e%74%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b'))