Lecturer in Ecology
University of Reading - School of Biological Sciences
Start date: As soon as possible
Interview date: TBC
We are seeking to appoint a mathematically-minded Lecturer in Ecology, with a focus on applying ecological theory to the areas of Climate Change and Food Security. You will have the opportunity to establish your own research programme and will make a significant contribution to the strategic development of the research agenda of the School of Biological Sciences, as well as developing new and existing interdisciplinary research opportunities in the UK and internationally. In addition to a focus on research, you will be expected to engage with both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
You will have:
- A Doctorate in a relevant discipline.
- Postdoctoral research experience.
- A proven and substantial record of research publication, appropriate to your career stage.
- The research skills and experience to develop an independent, externally-funded internationally-competitive research programme.
- The ability and willingness to teach effectively at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- The ability and willingness to carry out the administrative duties associated with teaching, as well as other administrative duties, in a timely and effective manner
Informal contact details
Contact role: Research Office Manager, School of Biological Sciences
Contact name: Mrs Sarah Swan
Contact phone: 0118 378 8011
To apply, please visit www.reading.ac.uk/jobs and search for the relevant reference number.
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
£38,511 to £47,328 Per annum
13th February 2015
18th March 2015