Allergan Medical has a current opening for a "Senior Scientist" (Sr. Biology Professional) with these qualifications-
Individual will perform laboratory tests and experiments involving mechanical and biochemical testing of tissues in supporting research on material and tissue interaction. The candidate will be involved research studies including those in the area of Material Science, Molecular and Cell Biology, Histopathology, Microscopy and Metrology. Under general supervision, the candidate will work closely with Engineers and Scientists in the Tissues and Materials group to develop and implement new assays for biomaterial and tissue testing and analysis including advanced image analysis, in vitro, in situ and in vivo testing of biomaterials.
Some day to day activities may include development of image analysis methods, preparation of design of experiment (DOE) studies for new formulation development, statistical analysis of results, in situ testing of biomaterials and tissues, developing and implementing biomechanical assays. Strong attention to detail, curiosity and creativity, as well as high quality of work are crucial.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
I have attached the full job description. Contact Dennis VanEpps of Allergan Medical to apply. He is on the job description.
Job Title: Sr. Biology Professional
Supv. Title: Senior Engineer Dept: Research
Div/Region: Tissue and Material Science
Contact person: eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%56%61%6e%45%70%70%73%5f%44%65%6e%6e%69%73%40%41%6c%6c%65%72%67%61%6e%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%56%61%6e%45%70%70%73%5f%44%65%6e%6e%69%73%40%41%6c%6c%65%72%67%61%6e%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b')) Dennis VanEpps
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: % of Time
1. Execution of developed test methods 40%
2. Development and qualification of test methods 20%
3. Analysis and interpretation of results 5%
4. Laboratory management 10%
5. Documentation writing and management (SOP etc.) 5%
6. Laboratory work (preparation of solutions, reagents, formulation, etc) 20%
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or Engineering field
• 2-4 years experience in the Medical Device, Pharma, related industry or academic laboratory experience
• Specific experience in the area of Biomaterials, Molecular and Cell Biology, Histology, Microscopy and Metrology desirable
• Experience with animal and tissue studies, including in vivo, in situ, ex vivo and in vitro models desirable but not essential.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Attention to detail and quality of work required
• Good communication and documentation skills required
• Working knowledge of laboratory technique required
• Good understanding of mathematics and Microsoft Excel required
• Understanding of statistical principles desirable