Cancer Research UK - Strategy and Research Funding Directorate
£31,000 to £34,000
12th February 2015
25th February 2015
Are you a collaborative individual with strong relationship management skills who can help us beat cancer sooner?
Being part of the Strategy and Research Funding Directorate at Cancer Research UK is a once in a lifetime opportunity to help beat cancer - sooner. Our Centres and Institutes Team is looking for two confident individuals to deliver a series of high impact projects within the team. CRUK's Centres and Institutes are two of our highest priorities and are major mechanisms for the delivery of our research strategy. We support 15 Centres across the UK, which provide the right environment for outstanding cancer research and promote collaboration across the UK. Our Institutes are internationally recognised centres of excellence that carry out exceptional cancer research. The Centres and Institutes Team play a central role in the initiatives as the first point of contact for researchers and support the development, funding and evaluation of the two initiatives.
The successful candidates will:
- Play a key role in the delivery of these two strategic initiatives and the scientific review of the funding awarded our Centres and Institutes, including the Francis Crick Institute.
- Act as a subject matter expert on our funding portfolio, maintaining an overview of progress across the network.
- Facilitate networking opportunities across the Centres and Institutes.
Critical to your success in the team will be your ability to forge excellent relationships with the research community and to work with multiple teams across CRUK to meet challenging deadlines.
To take on this exciting challenge, you will have:
- A degree level or equivalent in a science subject relevant to cancer research.
- Experience of managing and delivering strategic projects with proven impact.
- A good knowledge of Cancer Research UK's research strategy and objectives.
- A good understanding of research funding in the UK and of the interfaces between research funding organisations and the academic sector.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working effectively in matrix organisation structures.
- Experience of developing, influencing and maintaining excellent relationships.
This is a really exciting time for CRUK, to read a bit more about the work that we are doing within Stratified medicine, here is one of our recent press releases. Do also take a look at our ambitious research strategy and how we will beat cancer sooner...