Number of Positions: Two
As an Array Designer, you will discuss design requirements and specifications with customers. You will assist those customers in finding suitable data sources, in assessing the quality of those sources, and in creating detailed specifications for custom designs. You will use those specifications to select genomic regions, transcripts, probes to generate complete designs. The Designer will also participate in creating and updating standard designs for the NimbleGen catalog.
Education and Experience:
* Master's degree in computer science or a biological science.
* Significant experience and/or coursework in genetics, biology, molecular biology, and/or bioinformatics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Experience with SQL, HTML, and XML
* Experience with Shell scripting
* Experience with UNIX and Windows operating systems
* Experience with programming in Perl and/or Java
* Knowledge of MySQL and Oracle
* Oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
NimbleGen Systems, Inc. develops DNA microarray and chemistry technologies, providing the highest density arrays available in the industry in a fraction of the time of conventional microarrays. The company's patented Maskless Array Synthesizer (MAS) technology provides highly customized oligonucleotide array design, manufacture, hybridization, and analysis services to researchers in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, government and universities. NimbleGen's products and services aid researchers in high-throughput, low-cost screening for genotyping, gene express analysis and toxicity screenings.
Email resumes or submit for consideration to:
NimbleGen Systems, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1 Science Court
Madison, WI 53711
Posting Date: December 20, 2006