Nexion 300X Vs Thermo iCap Q

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
yoavgitler
yoavgitler's picture
Nexion 300X Vs Thermo iCap Q

Hi, we are considering one of the above ICP-MS, is there any major difference between them?

ToxLabRat
ToxLabRat's picture
 I would go with the NexIon

I would go with the NexIon because:
Easier to work on (Both routine maintenance and major service)
Better software platform (Requires much lower learning curve, thus getting you up and running more quickly)
Better longevity (ICP-MS instruments are super expensive, so longevity is very important)
Better service engineers (In most regions)

On a side note, my old company bought two of the Thermos last year and so far they have both been awful and the company has very much regretted the purchase.  I also have a friend who works in an environmental lab that bought one as well and they hated it so much that they crated it back up and sent it back to Thermo and replaced it with a Perkin Elmer DRCe.

ToxLabRat
ToxLabRat's picture
 I would go with the NexIon

I would go with the NexIon because:
Easier to work on (Both routine maintenance and major service)
Better software platform (Requires much lower learning curve, thus getting you up and running more quickly)
Better longevity (ICP-MS instruments are super expensive, so longevity is very important)
Better service engineers (In most regions)

On a side note, my old company bought two of the Thermos last year and so far they have both been awful and the company has very much regretted the purchase.  I also have a friend who works in an environmental lab that bought one as well and they hated it so much that they crated it back up and sent it back to Thermo and replaced it with a Perkin Elmer DRCe.

Charity Schmidt
Charity Schmidt's picture
  Hi,

Hi,

I am interested in the results of this question.  We are looking at the Agilent 7900, PE Nexion 350, and Thermo Icap Qc for purchase. Any thoughts on these machines or their previous models? I am in a drinkingwater lab testing tap and source samples by 200.8 methods.  Any experience related to service? or reliability?

Thanks for any insight you might have,
C. Schmidt