Have you thought about how to feed the fast growing world population? We have.
And we are looking for top talent to join our team!
Syngenta is a world-leading agribusiness committed to sustainable agriculture through innovative research and technology. The company is a leader in crop protection, and ranks third in the high-value commercial seeds market. Sales in 2007 were approximately $9.2 billion. Syngenta employs over 21,000 people in more than 90 countries. Syngenta is listed on the Swiss stock exchange (SYNN) and in New York (SYT).
CP -Senior Chemist – Greensboro, NC
Role Purpose –
Work within a team of organic chemists, analytical chemists and chemical engineers to develop processes for the manufacture of agchem products. The work includes a broad spectrum of activities from early stages of chemical route selection through process definition, optimization, pilot trials, plant design and start-up and manufacturing support.
• Identify and progress development initiatives to improve technological and manufacturing capability, cost and HSE performance, under the direction of the +1 Manager, in support of the techno-commercial strategy of the Supply Chain.
• Identify and progress development initiatives, to implement technology and IP strategies, exploring alternative routes, technologies and options for low cost manufacture for products and intermediates.
• Monitor external IP developments in areas of responsibility and identify and progress appropriates responses
• Plan and control laboratory work, semi-technical and full scale plant trials to develop and test new and improved manufacturing processes in order to meet agreed Supply Chain/ targets, managing process change to ensure product is fit for use versus registration and formulation.
• Communicate with commercial, research, manufacturing, development and HSE functions and participate in works and Supply Chain teams in order to define and progress development plans.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities –
PhD Chemistry preferred. BS Chemistry with up 10 years experience in a relevant technical area will be considered.
• Knowledge of process development/reaction kinetics in organic chemistry is highly desirable.
Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
Problem solving: Ability to analyze complex and diverse problem situations creatively leading to the generation and implementation of original solutions
• Project management: Ability to plan, monitor and control work by project management techniques to maximize resource efficiency
• Information retrieval using library and database systems
• Communication: Ability to convey the right level of detail to the right audience verbally, in writing, or by presentations and ability to judge when and who to communicate key information.
• Networking: Able to maintain and extend contact networks internally, in academia and in professional organizations, to be aware of the latest developments in technology and methodology.
• Patents: Ability to recognize invention and initiate patent protection after discussion with the Supply Chain Team.
Syngenta offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including market-based pay, health/dental insurance, a generous 401(k) program, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and relocation assistance.
Qualified candidates should apply today! Please submit your application online at www.syngentacareers.com. EOE