Dakota Consulting, Inc. is a growing company that provides innovative business, IT, scientific research, and cybersecurity services to Federal and commercial customers. Dakota’s objective is to provide services that meets customers’ needs and exceeds their expectations. Our core values include honesty; a commitment to exceptional customer service; and providing a respectful, fun, challenging, and learning place of employment. We actively recruit for dedicated technically competent individuals and partners that are self-motivated while performing exceptionally well in a collaborative team effort. Dakota’s headquarters are in Silver Spring, MD. Dakota is seeking a candidate with Masters of Science + 5 years of experience in GeoChemistry, Environmental Chemistry or Physics, or PhD to provide support to our federal customer to determine and use the capabilities of several Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) variants towards the effective detection and quantification of trace environmental signatures such as heavy metal ions in both liquids and solids. Job Functions:
- Determination of optimized analytical parameters for: the ICP-MS analysis of trace inorganic ions.
- Determination of optimized analytical parameters for the SP-ICP-MS analysis of trace inorganic ions.
- Determination of optimized analytical parameters for the LA-ICP-MS analysis of trace inorganic ions.
- Exploration of ICP-MS variants for the analysis of trace inorganic ions.
- Knowledge of general and analytical chemistry, specifically inorganic species in aqueous solutions and/or as solid residues/particles, and both the fundamentals and proper use of inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS).
- Knowledge of single particle (SP)-ICP-MS, laser ablation (LA)-ICP-MS, and familiarity with multiple classes of ambient ionization mass spectrometry (AI-MS) desorption/ionization sources, including, but not limited to, liquid-based (such as desorption electrospray ionization-DESI), plasma-based (such as low-temperature plasma-LTP and direct analysis in real time-DART), and photon-based (such as matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-MALDI and laser ablation electrospray ionization-LAESI). Ability to describe technical information in simple, clear language.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with other team members.
Education/Training and Certification:
- Masters of Science + 5 years of experience in Geo-chemistry, Environmental Chemistry or physics, or PhD.
- 0 to 2 years of experience in chemistry or physics.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
Apply at: https://www.dcjobs.com/apply/add/18093346 Dakota Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AA/M/F/Vet/Disability