Trace GC + Fisons AS800 autosampler??

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Deuterium
Deuterium's picture
Trace GC + Fisons AS800 autosampler??

I currently have an redundant Fisons AS800 autosampler and I was wondering if it could be installed on a Thermo GC. Till today most of the GC parts of Fisons, CarloErba and Thermo GC's are quite interchangeable, however I was wondering if this holds for autosamplers too. The new AS3000 supplied by Thermo is so very similar to the old Fisons AS800.

Is anyone out there working with a Fisons AS800 autosampler mounted on a ThermoQuest Trace GC??
If so do you need any special interface and does ChromCard software recognize the sampler?

Thanks for your help

Daniel

Deuterium
Deuterium's picture
Ok just an update....

Ok just an update....
We have managed to instal the AS800 autosampler on the Trace GC.... it fits perfectly after buying the support and appropriate cables.
However, there is still one problem. The version of ChromCard (Version 2.4) only supports the AS2000 autosampler and although I was told that this should make it to control the AS800, I still do not manage to send and retrieve methods to and from the autosampler. It give me an error saying something like "Connection not possible". The funny thing is that if I give the clean command it works perfectly. The techies told me that I would have to set the autosampler sequence manually, however I am still convinced that something could be done.

Daniel

henery
henery's picture
wrote:

wrote:

Do you have available an AS800 we could purchase from you. We are presently running on 5 years and having a few glitches and would be interested in a replacement/backup as800 for the aanylst 800.

pmohan@upei.ca

Thx,
Perry